cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Unreliable connections and slow speeds

mrmos
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

My Fibre connection has been very unreliable over the last couple of weeks, often dropping off and then experiencing low speeds when connected. We are having to reboot the router quite regularly. 

The most recent speed test came out at about 6 MBps, then recommended a line connection test which failed to complete. 

MS
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Good morning mrmos

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

Message 2 of 18

Router returned as promised.

Good morning.

MS

Message 3 of 18

Hi mrmos

Thanks for your reply.

I have posted on your other thread to advise that I will pass on your feedback to our Devices Team.

Debbie

Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle,

I will return the newly sent router as connection is stable.

I am, sadly, resigned to losing all my customizations and just leaving the router with defaults given firmware backups have been disabled - a very retrogressive move IMO.

MS
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

They check over and recondition returned equipment, so it's "recycling" in a very general sense, as well as literally in some instances, @mrmos.

Eventually the software will receive the same firmware update as the other router.

One way or another, one of the routers would need to be returned. Keep a certificate of posting to track its return.

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

mrmos
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 18

Hello Debbie,

I've received it now but why does it refer to recycling? This is a brand new unused piece of equipment. 

Also, see .... https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Router-software-not-offering-configuration-restore-aft...

I wonder if I can try this model to see whether I can backup/restore to this version? 

MS
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi mrmos

Ok, if you haven't received this within the next 48hrs then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Not yet.

MS
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi mrmos

I have ordered a returns bag so the router can be returned, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mrmos
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

No, there was not.

MS
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi mrmos

Thanks for your reply. Did you receive a router returns bag in the same box the new router arrived in?

Debbie

0 Likes

mrmos
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

The router arrived, thanks Karl.

However, an Openreach engineer had also been booked so i decided to wait until that check was done.    It appears there were copper cable issues outside the property which has now been resolved.

How do I send back the unused router?

MS
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi

OK, the router is on the way.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 16 of 18

Yes please. Worth a try. 

MS
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi

Would you like to try a replacement router to rule out a hardware issue before we arrange an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.