cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

VOIP - Still down after 24hrs

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Hi Michelle, Ref - asked to make a separate thread.

Could you kindly investigate this matter for me as I've had no active landline for over 24hrs.

My setup is still down. I've done all the reset's as well as plugging the DVA straight into the ONT for a full update. Everything appears as normal with 3 blue lights on the DVA until you dial out. I get the dialling tone and can make a call. The person answers and is cut off in exactly 5 secs every call. This is how the problem started 24hrs ago with cut offs every 5 seconds. Incoming calls are cut off instantly.

The random constant engaged tone that also happened yesterday has appeared to have gone. 

So for me, the fault is unchanged.

Many thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi Modelman

I'm so glad to hear that the fault has been resolved, thanks for letting me know.

I am really sorry for the issues you have experienced. I have linked to our auto compensation policy below:

About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Hi Debbie,

I think we are finally sorted. A text message from TalkTalk last night confirmed the engineers made further alterations during Thurs afternoon. I did a pin reset again late last night and everything appeared to work. Further adjustments were also being implemented during the night, claiming that no pin resets will be necessary from now on. We will see... 🤔 

I will run some full tests when I'm home this afternoon. 

It's been a nightmare and I will be seeking compensation due to this being the 3rd failure in the last month. Is it retentions I need to contact? (Hopefully it's a UK based dept that doesn't operate from another country)

On a positive note all I can say is many thanks for all your help over the last 3 days. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi Modelman

Please can you retest this morning?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Hi Modelman

Thank you for trying this. I've gone straight back to the team now and I will post back as soon as I have additional information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

I've switched back to the original working DVA and rebooted both devices.  No change with engaged tone only after dialling.

Message 6 of 28

Hi Modelman

The team have just asked me to ask if you can power down both the eero and voice adapter for a couple of minutes and then switch back on and retest?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

I've added my mobile number to the profile. I look forward to hopefully a fast response from the team.

Many thanks.

Message 8 of 28

Hi Modelman

Thanks for testing this. I have escalated this straight over to our Faults Team and requested that they make contact with you as soon as possible.

Please can you add an alternative contact number to your Community Profile.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi Debbie, Identical issue on the second DVA after a full reset. It allows one call one before the constant engaged tone kicks in. Incoming are instantly cut off....Can you kindly try and get someone to ring me on the landline so they can confirm calls are not connecting.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi Modelman

Our Network Team have advised that the fix put in place should fully resolve the issues and every customer (I have come across on the Community so far) have confirmed it's resolved following the reset. Apologies again that your fault is still ongoing.

Please can you connect the other digital voice adapter just for testing?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi Debbie, are you saying that all reported cases regarding this issue are now cleared and fault free?

I do have access to another Grandstream however uncertain if it has the correct TalkTalk config files loaded. The current one has had about 20-30 resets in the last month due to other issues, so it may be corrupted. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement DVA for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi Debbie, After the full reset for around the 8th time in two days, I can make one normal call, after after which following test calls to different numbers just give the engaged tone. Incoming calls tested from a mobile are instantly cut off. The issue remains pretty much identical as per two days ago.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Hi Modelman

Could you try the reset one more time please? (holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously)

This has fixed the issue for everyone else. If this still doesn't resolve the issue then I will need to escalate to our Faults Team.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Yes the full reset. I usually plug the DVA straight into the ONT as this has always guaranteed a proper update with past problems.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi Modelman,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm if you did the below reset?

holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Hi Debbie, Just got in and did a reset. It worked for 5 mins before going back now to a constant engaged tone after making a call.

2-1/2 days now without out phone. I am beginning to wonder if TalkTalk should be looking at changing their engineers as this has become a joke. I need a landline now as a matter of urgency.

Many thanks for you help.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi Modelman

Apologies. Our Network Engineers have asked if you could try resetting the DVA again please, holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously. Please let me know if there is any change following this.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi Debbie, I see some customers have had their service restored, ours has not. Is there anything specific I need to do as I've seen different things mentioned such as, wait for a software update, reboot the box, or do more pin resets?

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Hi Modelman

Our engineers have identified the problem and are actively working to deploy the fix. We expect this to automatically update on your equipment in the early hours of the morning and your normal service to resume. We sincerely apologise and understand the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked to resolve this issue.

Please can you retest?

0 Likes