cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

VOIP - Still down after 24hrs

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Hi Michelle, Ref - asked to make a separate thread.

Could you kindly investigate this matter for me as I've had no active landline for over 24hrs.

My setup is still down. I've done all the reset's as well as plugging the DVA straight into the ONT for a full update. Everything appears as normal with 3 blue lights on the DVA until you dial out. I get the dialling tone and can make a call. The person answers and is cut off in exactly 5 secs every call. This is how the problem started 24hrs ago with cut offs every 5 seconds. Incoming calls are cut off instantly.

The random constant engaged tone that also happened yesterday has appeared to have gone. 

So for me, the fault is unchanged.

Many thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Our Service status page has now been updated

We are aware customers with FTTP services are currently experiencing issues making and receiving calls, our engineers are aware of the issue and are working hard to a resove this. We will provide any updates here, we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi Modelman

I will keep you updated as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Thank you Debbie.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi Modelman

Our Network/Incidents Team are looking at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

0 Likes

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 28

Thanks Michelle for passing over the problem details. A good test would be for the technical team to try and ring me on the landline.  They won't get through however it may shed more light on the issue. The whole VOIP changeover from copper to Fibre has been a nightmare from day one and I've only had it operational a month or so. This is already the third issue regarding loss of VOIP service. I hope there is some sort of compensation on offer in due coarse as this is becoming a nightmare service.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

Morning,

Thank you. I've passed this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and we will let you know as soon as they come back to us. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 28

Just tested again @ 9.58am and now the engaged tone has returned.

0 Likes