cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Voucher incentive on sign up

Message 9 of 9

I just wondered why when i signed up for faster fibre 150, i was never offered a voucher for being a loyal customer of well over 10 years.

I see lots of people getting vouchers for being loyal i never got anything offered.

Be good to hear feedback?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

I was merely picking up on your comments about price and loyalty, @mockingbirdmedia, not querying your original question at all.

Simply that when there is a voucher it would not have shown up yet. No harm in asking at all.

I would be the last to question the advice of staff, so I feel that comment was totally uncalled for. 

As you want to draw a line under the original question, I'll lock the thread. Staff will reply, but it stops other customers contributing or adding further distractions meanwhile. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

It was a simple question arne and think i will draw a line under the original question as other people on the forum seem to think your advice doesnt suffice. As a member of staff im happy to take advice on any matter talk talk. ive been with this company for long enough to feel i know your services what you have to offer and the issues that happen whilst paying for your services. Just on this occasion i must have missed any offers or vouchers o well never mind eh

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

the extra you pay now on Fixed Price Plus does protect you against potentially high inflation. 

I ADDED THE PRICES IN AS A GUIDE AND LIKE HOW YOU USE THE WORD POTENTIALLY

That's why it is FIXED, so people on that tariff over the last couple of years were well protected against inflation  - not such a good deal when inflation is lower.

Rather a gamble!

SEEMS LIKE MOST THINGS TALK TALK CAN BE A GAMBLE LIKE GETTING EEROS TO WORK ON A NETWORK THE FIRST TIME .

Some other scheme may come in before your tariff ends as the regulators rather frowned on the money made by telecoms companies over the past year.

IVE SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR 2 YEARS AND WILL SEE IF I FEEL TALK TALK IS STILL THE RIGHT PLACE FOR ME TO OBTAIN MY INTERNET SERVICES.

Those of us not on the fixed price tariff had to pay a huge increase in 2023 (and remember that was just a couple of years after they suddenly ditched their Fixed Price Promise?).

i WAS PAYING 40 QUID A MONTH EARLIER THIS YEAR HENCE THE CHANGE FOR A LOWER CONTRACT PRICE AS THE SERVICE WAS GARBAGE CONSTANT ISSUES WITH DROPPING CONECTIONS AND SLOW SPEEDS.

Many of us had £2.00 extra slammed onto Fast Broadband  (their slowest speeds) in 2021, and that was followed up in April '22 and '23 by CPI + 3.7% both years.

PLEASE DEFINE FAST BROADBAND IVE ONLY JUST MANNAGED TO AQUIRE A FAST STABLE BROADBAND.

So "loyalty" doesn't really come into it (a customer here for over 16 years) as Talktalk is forever changing its priorities and each new contract is a fresh start.

FRESH START FINE, DOESNT SUPRISE ME ONE BIT LOYALTY DOESNT COME INTO IT ACTUALLY.

More a matter of luck - special offers change from week to week and what is available can vary from agent to agent.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE DEALING WITH AN AGENT WHOS FIRST LANGUAGE WAS ENGLISH AND NOT SOUNDING LIKE THEY WERE TAKING THE CALL FROM THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.

It's easy to forget that you don't have to say yes to the deal on the phone there and then, but take a chance on a better offer before agreeing to the Ts&Cs.

IM TIED IN FOR 2 YEARS AT WHICH POINT I WILL SEE WHERE I WANT TO BE.

Staff will be able to check whether a voucher was available with the deal - some take 90 days to apply, and even those that appear sooner don't appear in less than a month.

YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IM IN THE WRONG FOR ASKING SUCH A QUESTION WELL AS WITH ALL THINGS IN LIFE YOU DONT ASK YOU DONT GET.

Any changes made to your actual tariff now may trigger an admin charge, so probably not worth back tracking, as you are past your 14 day cooling off period. 

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING CHANGES ? YOUR OFF ON A VERY LARGE TANGENT.

Also, appearances can deceive when it comes to offers. Full Fibre 150 is currently @£35.00 for two years, frozen. There's a deal advertised that gives it half price for 6 months - if you do the maths there is only a c 30p per month on average difference, so it gives the customer a feel good factor to start with, but TT gets the feel good factor in its bank account later on. The headline price seems to be going up very fast.

IM SURE THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF BEING IN BUISNESS IS TO ENSURE THAT THE COMPANY MAKES AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE

Staff on the forum cannot set up or alter deals for customers.

NEVER ASKED THEM TO AT ANY POINT, I ASKED A QUESTION PRIMARILY ABOUT THE VOUCHERS EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE GETTING. ONE THING FOR SURE THE PHONE CALL I HAD WITH THE SALES AGENT WASNT CLEAR OR CONCISE AND WAS A SIMPLE SALES PITCH VERY CONFUSING AND NOT VERY CLEAR BUT EXPECTED FROM TALK TALK CALL STAFF.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

@mockingbirdmedia, the extra you pay now on Fixed Price Plus does protect you against potentially high inflation. 

That's why it is FIXED, so people on that tariff over the last couple of years were well protected against inflation  - not such a good deal when inflation is lower.

Rather a gamble!

Some other scheme may come in before your tariff ends as the regulators rather frowned on the money made by telecoms companies over the past year.

Those of us not on the fixed price tariff had to pay a huge increase in 2023 (and remember that was just a couple of years after they suddenly ditched their Fixed Price Promise?).

Many of us had £2.00 extra slammed onto Fast Broadband  (their slowest speeds) in 2021, and that was followed up in April '22 and '23 by CPI + 3.7% both years.

So "loyalty" doesn't really come into it (a customer here for over 16 years) as Talktalk is forever changing its priorities and each new contract is a fresh start.

More a matter of luck - special offers change from week to week and what is available can vary from agent to agent.

It's easy to forget that you don't have to say yes to the deal on the phone there and then, but take a chance on a better offer before agreeing to the Ts&Cs.

Staff will be able to check whether a voucher was available with the deal - some take 90 days to apply, and even those that appear sooner don't appear in less than a month.

Any changes made to your actual tariff now may trigger an admin charge, so probably not worth back tracking, as you are past your 14 day cooling off period. 

Also, appearances can deceive when it comes to offers. Full Fibre 150 is currently @£35.00 for two years, frozen. There's a deal advertised that gives it half price for 6 months - if you do the maths there is only a c 30p per month on average difference, so it gives the customer a feel good factor to start with, but TT gets the feel good factor in its bank account later on. The headline price seems to be going up very fast.

Staff on the forum cannot set up or alter deals for customers. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

On the phone, my son helped me with the call and even he struggled to get any source of info at the time as the line was so bad with a massive lag ! I also paid the extra to protect against price rises over the course of the contract. So I ended up paying £30.95 instead of the 28 pounds advertised ! Nothing for the loyal customers ? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Arne 

thank you for your response and I believe the voucher offer was running when I renewed and still is as far as I know ! I struggled during the call with the sales team even struggling with the basics. Not a very nice experience if I’m truthful 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi mockingbirdmedia

Did you check current promotions before you renewed?  

The voucher offer may not have been running at that time.