cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Waiting for an engineer to fix the cables

KerryLCollins24
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

We had a fire by our Openreach pole on Friday (12/01) that damaged the equipment attached to it, so we do not have any wifi. I contacted TalkTalk the next day (13/01) to request an engineer to come and fix the problem. I told them all about the fire and that something will need to be replaced/fixed. Monday morning an engineer turns up and checks the house and wifi. I say to him it's the Openreach pole equipment that's damaged. He has a look and says 'I'm not qualified to repair Openreach equipment'. You will need another engineer to come out! I couldn't believe that TalkTalk had arranged for an engineer to come out who wasn't even qualified to do the repair!

So, I called them up again (in the morning) and asked for another engineer to come out. It was confirmed that another engineer should come out on 16/01 between 8 am & 1 pm. I called up again in the afternoon as I hadn't received a text or email confirming the appointment and was concerned that no one would turn up. I was promised that an engineer would arrive and not to worry.

Skip to the next day... surprise surprise no engineer turns up. At this point, I'm so angry. I called back up at around 2:30 pm and complained that an engineer had not arrived. It then comes out that an engineer had been booked and that she couldn't tell me when someone would be out to fix this. After a 40-minute conversation that went nowhere, I hung up and called Openreach directly. An engineer came out and made the pole safe but apparently, they can't fix connections to houses so I would have to speak to Talk Talk again.

I rang TalkTalk again today (17/01) and spoke to another useless technical support agent who does not understand English. Once again I was promised that another engineer would be visiting today (17/01) but it could be up to 6pm so I had to cancel all my plans for the evening. I asked if could I get a confirmation in a text or email... no. Could I get the number of the engineer... no but you can have Openreach customer services number, which if you ring will refuse to speak to you because I am not TalkTalk. It's currently 5:30pm and I can say with confidence no engineer is going up a pole in the dark to fix this. Once again I have been lied to.

18/01 - Got a text from TalkTalk asking me to book a follow-up appointment. So, called the up to book and apparently there was already an appointment made for today (18/01) between 1pm & 6pm. Once again, I asked them to confirm which of course they did but couldn't provide written confirmation. 5:14pm and I don't think anyone is coming.

I cannot believe TalkTalk think it is okay to lie to their customers over and over again. I have had to cancel multiple appointments and events because I'm so worried an engineer will arrive while I'm out. Absolutely disgusting...

Myself and my partner work from home and I have to pay out of my own pocket for extra data to keep myself online. My partner is unable to work as the security software on this laptop won't allow him to work, so we are currently losing out on £400 a day.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi KerryLCollins24,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Can you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number or account number, to your community profile and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

0 Likes