cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

What is EERO?

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 21

As part of my new fibre connection, or of the random boxes I've received appread to be called "EERO". There is not explanation as to what it is or what it's for. The instructions say:

Step 1: download the app.

No. No. No. No. are you completely insane? Tell me what it is and what it does, then I'll decide IF I want to plug it in to my network or download any app.

NB, again, I am OBLIGED to put a "label" on my post. EEPRO is not one of the options. What should I do? this is soooo random. Is this damn thing even from TalkTalk?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Panic. No malice intended. Just blind panic from a frustrated long-time customer.

From my perspective, someone is coming to my house on Wednesday to disconnect my internet and leave me with a set of boxes which will be of no use to me.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Well. @Gliwmaeden2 deserves my apologies. It's clear that they were simply indicating that someone else had made a Royal mess.

@ferguson I would dearly love to know how you asserted that my three questions were the same without reading them.

First: A box which can only be configured by an app is of no use to me. I don't believe I have a compatible device.

Second: REMAINS UNANSWERED: Is it simply VoIP?

Third:  REMAINS UNANSWERED: How do I watch terrestrial TV if I unplug my aerial?

I've explained why my three unconnected questions were unconnected. They are most definitely unconnected to the fourth question asked some months ago to which they are now attached. I do not understand how you board works. I cannot possibly know if/when the staff get to see the questions. Please assume no intended harm. My experience is that if I'd put them all in one post, one of them might have got answered and the others would have got lost.

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 21

@KeithFrench I think I understand. Although the thread has been convoluted by someone meddling.

I can't plug my phone into the router (I didn't expect to) but the Digital Voice box is an interface between the wired network and the phone. That's all fine, but the question was: is that DV box simply a VoIP MoDem?

Setting up the router will be a problem for me. I have a corporate phone and no ability to install "apps". Nobody asked me about this when I signed up.

The third, separate question (but I don't know if its now been deleted) was about the presumed set-top box. If I unplug my aerial, how do I receive live terrestrial TV?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

That wasn't @Gliwmaeden2 , it was me. And the only unholy mess is you posting multiple threads about what are essentially the same issues. And most of your points have already been answered as far as I can see. First, the eero requires an app to set up. Second, the DVA is required if you wish to continue using your landline phone. Finally, the third "mystery" box is probably for TV, which you presumably included in your order.

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 21

@Gliwmaeden2 you have royally messed this up by combining an irrelevant, elderly thread with a recent question. Please untangle the mess you created so that folk have the opportunity to answer my recent questions.

The "new active thread" is centred around an elderly, irrelevant commentary about a router which TalkTalk are switching off next week.

The unholy state you've left things in, I don't even understand who gets to see my questions, or whether they'll get answered.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Repeating the same points in different posts is certainly not in the interests of the community. We are here to help, but you have been frankly spamming the boards without waiting for an answer. The support team should pick this up tomorrow.

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 21

I'm not sure which "futher new ones" you mean, but if you're referring to the question about what I'm supposed to do with black box number 2 because I'm not planning on disconnecting my TV aerial doesn't get answered, I'll end up creating a new thread. And when my question about whether black box number 3 is simply a VoIP MoDem doesn't get answered, I'll end up creating a new thread. 

In the interests of the wider community, I think it best those three completely separate, independent questions aren't tampered with. I'm not really sure I understand the meaning of "Staff" but it seems unlikely that they need to be shielded from their job!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

New active thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/What-is-EERO/td-p/3069222

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

@kdmcm 

Please just follow up on this thread, rather than starting further new ones. 

It causes chaos if you start a fresh one for every detail, and is actually against forum guidelines. 

Your other threads were moved out of the way.

Staff will respond during the day on here, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 21

No, the 5364 will work perfectly with Full Fibre, just connect its red WAN port to the ONT via an Ethernet cable. However, it does not support Digital Voice, which, as in your other thread, I explained about the Grandstream DVA. You may be able to use that connected to an Ethernet port of the 5364. Perhaps if you ask the staff on here nicely, they might swap your 5364 for a 5464, which natively supports DV.

Please remember that all Community Stars are just customers like yourself & have no input on TalkTalk policy as to what router they supply with what package. Please do not direct comments to us about not having a mobile. Please forward this comment to TalkTalk themselves.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 11 of 21

Yes, the eero is the standard router for Full Fibre 150 & above. It can only be setup using the eero app and it leads you through getting it connected.

The eero does not support Digital Voice, which is why you have been supplied with the Grandstream Digital Voice adapter. This connects to the eero via an Ethernet cable and there is a short cable supplied with it to convert the RJ11 socket on it to a standard phone socket. This cable must be used. Once the eero is up & running, you just connect your standard landline phone or cordless phone to it & turn the DVA on

The third box I would assume is the TV set-top box, presumably you have a TV service that you have ordered.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 21

It's the Sagem FAST 5364 that I have. I'm pretty sure it's ADSL+2 only. Yes 150. Fingers crossed. It would be a bit silly not to have a web interface. My wife's parents went to BT because they said TalkTalk kept gibbering on about apps. They don't have mobile phones at all!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 21

Which router are you currently using?

Does it have fibre or a cover over an input marked phone?

If so you should still be able to use that on your new connection.

I'm assuming you've signed up to 150 or higher. The Eero is TalkTalk's router of choice but as you don't have a smart phone you can use, staff should be able to supply you with an alternative.

They are back tomorrow so hopefully will respond then.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 21

I appreciate that you folks don't run the company, but no-one asked me if I had a device capable of running an app when I signed up. I have a company phone and It's locked such that I'm quite unable to install apps on it.

Apart from anything else, who in their right mind would connect some random box to their network, which they received in the post? I'm guessing everyone would, except me.

Does the box also incorporate a WiFi AP, please? I need to be exceedingly careful during the handover, since all my IoT devices hang off my Router and are quite dependant on its SSID and password, and ability as a DHCP server.

I trust the box can be managed from a web browser as an option?

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 21

That's nice. So, when do I receive my mobile phone, or other device which can run an "app"?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

I'm getting a new fibre service. I have received three random boxes.

One is called EERO (I guess it's the router, but there are ZERO instructions other than "download the app" which is NOT going to happen until someone tells me what the box is.

One has no name, but it has an HDMI connector, so I guess it's the set top box. It's instructions say "disconnect you aerial cable and connect it to the hub". That's not goig to happen, because then how can I receive live terrestrial TV?

Finally, there's a "Digital Voice Adapter" which, I think, (based on 25 years of industrial experience) is probably a VoIP adapter, but I'm waiting for a straight answer.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 21

It is your new router.

It is controlled via an app instead of using an interface on your web browser.

Details can be found here 

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/wifi-hub/eero

I use one, with no problems

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Morning,

How are you getting on? Did you try factory resetting the router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 21

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the router?

Keith

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

My Sagemcom FAST router is very slow. I don't mean the WiFi is slow. The web interface is dreadfully slow, and some portions don't work. It takes many seconds for the web GUI to refresh. Once I'm in "Manage Advanced Settings" then TalkTalk WiFi Hub, I see the Device Info / General tab, but selecting Light Control, DNS, DynDNS, or Maintenance does nothing. The tabs no longer appear.

I was actually looking for an option to disable beamforming, since there is a large number of WiFi clients connected and some don't stay connected reliably.

Can you help, please?

0 Likes