cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

York Outage?

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 69 of 69

My connection in yo32 (Huntington) has been off since 3pm. is there a known outage? Is there a number I can call? I've been on live chat over an hour and have had no response so not exactly helpful. 

68 REPLIES 68

Message 1 of 69

are you sorted now Buddy ? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 69

Hi,

Ok, are you using an eero or a TalkTalk router? Would it be possible to remove the router and connect directly at the ONT and run another speed test to see how they compare?

Thanks

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 69

How do I know what speeds I am getting to the ONT? All I know is that on all speed tests using hard wired ethernet I used to get 900mb speeds but now I rarely see over 300mb but i'm paying for 1GB. Worth noting that this has been like this before the outage so it's not related, but whilst I have you I wanted to ask.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 69

Morning,

I'm glad to hear that the outage has now been resolved and the service has been restored. My colleague has advised that it can take up to 30 days for auto compensation for a fault to be applied. He has advised that if you haven't heard back at the end of this time then to post in the Billing Section and he will take a look. In regards to the speed, do you know what speeds you are receiving to the ONT?

Thanks

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 69

Yes - as of today this is now working (although it's only at 300-400mb not 1gb). There were 7 days in total where the connection was not available. Can you confirm how/when they will credit me with £42 compensation? (i.e. 5 x £8.40).

0 Likes

Message 6 of 69

Hello,

Can I just confirm, is this now working?

Thanks

0 Likes

Archer2
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 69

For everyone's Information Talk Talk cant really do anything if your service is out a third party engineer will contact you to book in a visit but it seems that they are quite busy as i have been waiting since Friday and still not even received a call. City Fibre seem to be the ones who own the physical fibre network and their service contractor is Kelly's. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 69

Archer2_1-1677502399940.png

when you log into your account online click My Network as shown above 

Archer2_2-1677502475913.png

This appears and after a few minutes the below should appear 

Archer2_3-1677502545977.png

hope that helps Buddy 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 69

This is an update from the chat i eventually got through to a UFO adviser, although not that good news 

Archer2_0-1677500111037.png

0 Likes

Message 10 of 69

I rang this number 0800 230 0272 waited for 18 minutes then was cut off after someone actually answered, you can imagine my frustration 

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 69

I don't think I even have a fault logged - can you link me to where you see that??

0 Likes

Archer2
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 69

Archer2_0-1677495919738.png

Interesting this is now the fault tracker mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why has my fault been fixed then reopened, maybe some ones KPI's are effected or even trying to get out paying the compensation ?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 69

Hi this is getting ridiculous now isnt it, have you managed to get any where phoning i just keep getting cut after about 40mins ?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 69

Morning,

I'm really sorry. I've just contacted the team who have advised that the outage is still being worked on to resolve. I've asked them to let me know as soon as possible if they receive an estimated resolution date so I can post it here. I've also asked my Billing colleague if they can answer your compensation question.

Thanks

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 69

It has been a week today and still no service.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 69

I can't see any of your posts in the moderated area, @Noupdate, so I have no idea what became of it.

But this is @Googlyamnesiac1's thread. If you keep posting, you may delay it reaching staff after the weekend. There's usually quite a queue for attention. 

Googlyamnesiac1, staff will be able to let you know what the policy is - sounds very odd that the outage might not qualify for compensation, so this really does need checking. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 69

Needed to get the 8.40 per day compensation that they are trying to lie their way out of.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 69

Hi TT I have copied this thread in case you want to delete any more of my messages. You have irritated me, not a good idea.

0 Likes

Noupdate
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 69

Make sure everyone you know, that has this loss of service has logged it with TT.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 69

please make sure that the archive logs of this are kept for when I make a complaint to OFCOM

0 Likes