cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

York Outage?

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 69 of 69

My connection in yo32 (Huntington) has been off since 3pm. is there a known outage? Is there a number I can call? I've been on live chat over an hour and have had no response so not exactly helpful. 

68 REPLIES 68

Message 21 of 69

talk talk has deleted a message I sent about outage lies and going to OFCOM if they do not pay 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 69

can you explain why my previous message explaining that talk talk was lying about an 'outage' not being a loss of service has been removed?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 69

they lied, ask them to clarify (in writing) the difference. they have removed my previous email.

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 69

I understand that and wasn't expecting it before but they told me they won't pay it because it's an 'outage' not a 'loss of service'. I don't understand how an outage isn't a loss of service mind.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 69

It can only be calculated AFTER all is resolved, @Googlyamnesiac1, and takes around 30 days to process, so it's not possible to resolve until the number of days is known. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Staff won't be available to comment now before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 69

I called and was advised that the £8.40 per day compensation would not be offered as this was an 'outage' not a 'loss of service'. Anyone not working for Talk Talk have any thoughts? All I know is that I haven't had Inernet for 4 days now. Found this but doesn't explain the difference between the two:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...  

0 Likes

Message 27 of 69

Morning,

Apologies, the team have advised that the outage is still being worked on at the moment and as soon as they are able to provide any more information or when it should be resolved then we will post back here straightaway.

Thanks

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 69

Day 4 of no connection now and still no update or phonecall as to what the problem is and an expected ETA.

Message 29 of 69

Make sure you get your 'automatic' £8/day for outages lasting 2 or more days.

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 69

Still no phone call and still no update here. Still down.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 69

YO30 6 clifton without

Archer2
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 32 of 69

great news what post code are you in ?

0 Likes

Message 33 of 69

Mine is back up (went down around 10:00 on Wednesday)

0 Likes

Message 34 of 69

@Noupdate If you would like individual support then please start your own topic. 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 69

Hi, can they contact me via email as I cannot update my mobile in profile as I am not connecting via talktalk. Can you confirm that talktalk is aware that my link is at fault (UFO ONT flashing red LOS) since Tue 10:00? Cannot see report a fault on your website, website will not complete a test.

0 Likes

Noupdate
Team Player
Private Message
Message 36 of 69

Via email as you will not allow me to update my mobile number as funnily enough I am not connecting via my talktalk service.

0 Likes

Googlyamnesiac1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 37 of 69

Happy to post here when they do call if they don't call you. Not sure how soon ASAP is mind, still noone has called me.

Noupdate
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 69

Have you also asked them to get in touch with me? Why is there no information regarding what the fault is?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 39 of 69

Hello,

I've asked if the UFO Team can make contact with you directly ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 40 of 69

Hope you get some kind of response this is getting silly now, someone needs to communicate what the problem is to us or at least put up a post for all to see??????? over to you talk talk 

0 Likes