cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

sagemcon fast 5464 router

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 40

i have been sent a replacement Sagemcon Fast  5464 router which has a differant version  to my previous one, due to the stand breaking so i am asking which one is the latest version and which one I should use as i can swap over the stands.

the two router say on the back

Fast 5464-2.t4

Fast 5464-3.t8

thanks

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 21 of 40

Hi FarmingMartin

I'm guessing the engineers will be digging where they already marked out. They haven't provided any other details apart from they are completing dig work today.

We will continue to monitor for further updates.

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 40

Yes with white paint

0 Likes

Message 23 of 40

Hi FarmingMartin

The notes Openreach left are below. Did the engineer mark out on your property where they need to dig?

Dig and duct required for new customer lead in. 6 meters soft in front garden and 2 meters hard on footway.

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 40

Hi I am back now.

I have seen your reply regarding openreach. Can you confirm that the digging work will be at my property as there is nobody here as of yet and the fault I was told is the actual cable to my property so they will need to dig in my garden.

I am a home now,  so if you need me to do anything else regarding the router connection/speed I am available.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 40

Hi @FarmingMartin 

Ok no problem.

Just to add I can see that Openreach are completing dig work today to resolve a fault.

I will continue to monitor this for updates and we will post back here as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 40

Got to pop out now so will continue once I am back. 

Message 27 of 40

Let me just run a quick line test now @FarmingMartin 

I wont be too long.

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 40

It seem a bit better, but still a little slow. But as I have said we are waiting for openreach to replace the cable from the steet to our property, but have not got any appointment data as of yet and they diagnosed it a week ago.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

Hi @FarmingMartin 

The firmware has now updated. Please can you retest?

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 40

Router has just rebooted is this OK?

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 40

Yes that would be great. 

Message 32 of 40

Thank you @FarmingMartin 

There is new firmware for this router, will it be ok for me to update this now?

We advise to keep the router powered up without being rebooted, it should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 40

Connected and booted up.

Message 34 of 40

Hi FarmingMartin

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you connect the Sagemcom hub again so I can check the firmware version?

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 40

Slow speed and buffering, and some webpages not loading. Example could not load above question until I swapped routers.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 40

Hi FarmingMartin

What fault are you experiencing, slow speeds or drops in connection?

0 Likes

FarmingMartin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 40

I have now tried both routers and am still having device connection issues. I was sent a new router as I was told the old one may have a fault, which has now been diagnosed as an outside cable issue, but if I connect the old one everything works a lot better than with the new ones.

The old one is Hauwei HG633

There is still an issue which openreach are supposed to be sorting out but I don't know when, as I have not heard anything from either talktalk or openreach regarding when they are coming back to fix it. Internet now been playing up for nearly a month, not happy seriously thinking about ditching talktalk if they don't do something soon.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 38 of 40

Hi @FarmingMartin 

It's the 2nd one in your list. If the stand is broken then I can replace the router.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 40

I would have thought that the latest model has the higher numbers. 

0 Likes