NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection since April 27th

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 32 of 32

This is the second time this is happening this year (I had no internet from February 4th until March 15th when an engineer finally came to fix the issue and he also installed an ONT box so we can also switch to fibre). 

I have reset my router many many times now, it's been off overnight as well, did a factory reset, a hard reset, received a second router a few days ago to test it, but everything had the same result, after I turned on the routers, an amber flashing light was followed by white and amber flashing lights and then a steady amber light, meaning I have no internet.

I don't know who I need to speak to anymore and who to call as this is getting out of hand and I feel like I'm going in circles and getting nowhere. I am working from home and as you can imagine, having no internet connection is not ideal at all. I am using my mobile data/mobile hotspot, but that connection is worse than a dial up one from 1998, this is causing me bad connectivity issues which is disrupting my work, thing that lead my manager to have a discussion with me today to see if this is something that will get rectified or not and I was told vaguely that if this internet issue will not be sorted sooner rather than later, I might lose my job!! I am getting desperate and feel like I can't find help anywhere.

I have spoken numerous times to your customer support agents as well, also to the future fibre agents, just to be told the following:

-that it's a cityfibre issue, 

-it's a local outage in Milton Keynes in my area (which to me sounds like a lie, all my neighbours that have talktalk had no issues with their broadband, I did ask around)

-it's been checked with cityfibre and apparently it's not a fault with them, but it's a fault with talktalk

Could someone please advise on what to do or who to speak to, who should I contact as I am running out of ideas.. is there really no way an engineer could come out to check and see if they could fix this? 

Thank you...

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi mishaelaaaa,

I've not received an update yet but they said it would take up to 5 working days on the 22nd so should be resolved any time now

Chris

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 2 of 32

Hello. Any updates on this by any chance? There used to be a cancellation message on my online account until now, it now disappeared. Would this mean that the cease took place? Thanks

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Yes, it's the cease order that's stuck, hopefully it will be resolved soon

Chris

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 4 of 32

@Chris-TalkTalk thank you. Just need everything cancelled, that's all. It's just weird as I placed the order in March at some point and it's still stuck... but yeah, as I said, I would just need to get the service disconnected please 🙂 thanks

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

Hi Mishaelaaaa,

Just a quick update, as Michelle said this is under investigation as the order appears to be stuck. I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Morning,

The team have confirmed that they are currently investigating this so hopefully we will know more by early next week.

Thanks

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 7 of 32

@Chris-TalkTalk hello, any update on this? This is still not cancelled 😞

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Hi mishaelaaaa

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

Hi mishaelaaaa,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 10 of 32

@Arne-TalkTalk hello, this is still an outstanding issue, can someone please help asap? I was told to call 03451725146 but they couldn't do anything either. 

Screenshot_20220621-124955_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-125001_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-125004_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-125420_Chrome.jpg

  

Screenshot_20220621-125447_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-125611_Chrome.jpg

  

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 11 of 32

@Arne-TalkTalk thank you for confirming that! 🙂 

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 13 of 32

@Arne-TalkTalk hello, thank you fornsending that through, I have just received a email as well. Could you please confirm this is fornthe Fibre 65 Data Only, FTTP line? Thank you

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

HI mishaelaaaa

I can see a cancel request due to complete on the 20th. 

Regards

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 15 of 32

@Michelle-TalkTalk @ I have just had two missed calls from yourselves (+448009555544), but as I am working, I wasn't able to take the calls. Is it possible to have someone call back between 12-1 or after 4 pm? Thank yo

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 16 of 32

@Michelle-TalkTalk hello, yes, I haclve been in contact with all the possible teams on the phone. As mentioned, it's the FTTP line that I need to have freed up, so I need to have the Fibre 65 Data Only service deactivated as well. I have just tried calling 03337771171 again as I was advised, but it's again the same recorded message that comes in, there is no ring, it goes straight to the pre recorded message that says due to a technical issue, no calls can be taken by yourselves. So my Fibre 65 is disconnected, which is perfect, I just need the Fibre 65 Data Only to be disconnected/deactivated as well, please. Thank you

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you been in contact with our cancellation/loyalty team directly about this as they should be able to help? I've included a Help Guide below which has contact details for the team at the bottom of the page.

Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

@mishaelaaaa I have re-escalated this for you so that the support team can try to find out what's going on. 

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Message 19 of 32

@Chris-TalkTalk hello. I have requested to have all my services disconnected, both the Fibre 65 and Fibre 65 data only in order to be able to switch to another provider. I had the Fibre 65 disconnected, but the Fibre 65 data only wasn't disconnected, so I am still unable to switch to another provider, I have tried to place orders with 4 other providers but they cannot place any order for me while the FTTP line is still in use by talktalk. I was advised to call 03337771171, but it wouldn't even connect, it says that due to a technical issue, you cannot take calls right now. This is going on for more than a week now. I just want to have the FTTP service disconnected as well, but I am unable to get through to anyone on the mobile junber mentioned above. Can I please ask who I need to contact, is there any other number I can call? I spoke to your customer support as well, to the Future Fibre team as well, no one was able to help me, the only place I was told to call to get this sorted is 03337771171, but as I said, I cannot get through to anyone "due to a technical issue". 

Please help... I just want to have all my talktalk services disconnected finally.

Thank you

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hi mishaelaaaa,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, did you speak to our Loyalty Team?

Chris

0 Likes