cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Turn off Wi-Fi optimisation

kirkyboy4
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I have set the SSID channel manually for the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz channels. However, this randomly changes at random intervals throughout the day, when looking at the router logs I can see that ‘channel hopping’ has been initiated remotely some how which changes the channel, despite being manually being configured by me.

This causes connectivity issues and results in online gaming sessions disconnecting mid game etc.

I would be grateful for any help in resolving this.

K McClelland
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

Hi kirkyboy4

Our Devices Team have asked if you can reboot the router and retest to see if you are still having issues with the wireless channels?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi kirkyboy4

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

Our Devices Team are just taking a look at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

kirkyboy4
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Hello, I've updated my community profile, got the badge for 100%, do you need any information from my router? I have the TalkTalk WIFI HUB 2.

K McClelland
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I am assuming you have a Sagemcom WiFi Hub? Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes