NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new future fibre order - no confirmation

nhato
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi guys,

I've placed an order yesterday for the future fibre plan,  I'm a new customer, never been with talk talk before. The final step of the order process said that I will be sent an order confirmation email, It's now a second day since the order and I still had no email. Should I be concerned? 

I'm not sure whether it's been correctly registered or not, and the engineer visit dates are getting away day by day so if I will have to order again I will be with no internet for much longer time.

I am just trying to confirm if the order was indeed placed correctly and everything is on track.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope everything goes ok with your new ISP.

Thanks

0 Likes

nhato
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Update to my original query:

I have called fibre team, sales, technical, many different departments, every single one of them told me they can't find my order in the system so I don't have one and I can create a new one on the phone.

Unfortunately that would have pushed my installation date 2 weeks further which was unacceptable for me, so since my order didn't exist I just went with another internet provider instead.

Fast forward to yesterday when I magically received an email that my order is in and direct debit has been set up. At this point I no longer need TalkTalk so I called them up again to cancel the order.

Apparently It's now been cancelled but I guess I'll find out later since what they are telling you on the phone cannot be trusted.

I did manually delete this direct debit in my bank just in case. 

Based on my personal experience I definitely wouldn't recommend TalkTalk.

djbdane
Community Star
Message 3 of 8

The customer facing aspect of future fibre when orders are placed does seem to be a work in progress still it can take a while for emails to arrive. If all else fails give the Future Fibre team a call they have always been great when I've had to call them

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Downey91,

I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has pointed you in the right direction

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

All queries about Future Fibre need to be directed to the FF team at the moment (and forum support staff are away at weekends anyway, @nhato).

Chat is available from the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

Check the details for hours of availability on there - not the same as advertised for other Chat support. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Downey91
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Could be worth a call to the future fibre team.. I could have ordered via the website (my address was showing available for fttp), I called to process the order and they said my address wasn't able to have fttp (although openreach say otherwise). I told them the website was allowing me to check out for fttp at my address, but they said it would have been cancelled a few days later if I'd placed the order.

Could be worth a call to check with them. 

0 Likes

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 7 of 8

It takes some time for the confirmation email to arrive. Mine appeared a few days before the install date. A lot of the processes they have for ordering still seem to be done manually, so I would sit tight for now.

0 Likes