cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

1571 service has not worked since early April

Pippadoll99
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

My Mum has landline only, no internet. I have 3rd party password to go on the TalkTalk Forum as she is partially sighted. She rang TalkTalk on 26/4/24 and reported the issue with her 1571 service not working. The agent advised her that they will report it and to allow 5 to 10 working days for it to be rectified. My Mum phoned TalkTalk again on 11/5/24 as the 1571 service has not been fixed. The agent advised her that if she agrees to have Voicemail Plus for £1 a month she will have the service from midnight. My mum was not happy that her free service was now going to be charged £1 a month for a new name, but she felt she had no choice so agreed. It is now Monday night and there is still no 1571 service. Please can you help as she has tried nice now via telephone and is no further forward. Thank you.

Sheila
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thank you for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Pippadoll99
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

Hi Michelle,

CEO team made contact yesterday afternoon and again just now. I have just confirmed with them that the 1571 service is now back in working order. Thank you so much for escalating it. It is such a relief for my Mum to have her message service back in working order. Many thanks for all the hard work you do on this forum, it is very much appreciated 

regards

Sheila
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hello,

Have our CEO Complaints Team been in contact?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Pippadoll99

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Our CEO complaints team can also take a look at the bill and charges for your mum, once they have resolved the 1571 issue.

0 Likes

Pippadoll99
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Ok thank you for updating me. My mum has now had her new phone bill and is being charged for voicemail plus £1 , plus a 20p part month charge . 

Sheila
0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Good afternoon,

My colleagues have been unable to resolve this for me so I've contacted our CEO Complaints Team and they will be investigating this and will make contact with you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Good afternoon,

Thank you and sorry for the delay.

Michelle

0 Likes

Pippadoll99
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Hi Michelle,

thank you for the update. 
pippadoll99

Sheila
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that we're still trying to resolve the 1571 issue here and will keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for re-checking. I'll go straight back to my colleague now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Pippadoll99
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Retested and 1571 service still not working.

Sheila
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Good morning,

My colleague has advised that they have made a change yesterday. Could you retest the 1571 service at some point today and let us know if there is any change please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now for investigation and I will let you know as soon as I receive an update back. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes