cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Call barring 123

oakgreeng60
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi can you advise if it is possible to call bar the 123 speaking clock service ? My father has dementia and is continually calling the speaking clock, resulting in him running up large costs and now unable to make outgoing calls due to exceeding his monthly allowance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I think BT allow 10 numbers to be stopped , we don't have that facility we only offer premium call bar or total bars.  

Sorry

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Arne 

No he doesn’t use the phone with a care alarm. It would not be feasible to block all outgoing calls as he needs to be able to contact family members. My understanding is BT can block the 123 service, he may have to move provider. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

HI @oakgreeng60

Does your dad use the phone for anything else , (care alarm for example) there is an option to add an outgoing bar. 

Its not possible to block an specific number its an all or nothing solution really. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @oakgreeng60 thanks for that, it will help the team here identify the account and find a solution. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

oakgreeng60
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Yes I have power of attorney for my dad and help him deal with utilities.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @oakgreeng60 I can't find on so your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow. Are you using your father's details these will be needed to identify his account. Please check your profile and adjust as necessary. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes