cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display stopped working

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21
  • My caller display stopped working weeks ago.  All we get is "Incoming call".
  • This is a feature which we require and find very useful. It had been working without any problem with our existing equipment for a number of years. 
  • No changes were made to my systems, equipment or devices.
  • Have tried to resolve this many tomes by switching off the add-on,  leaving it off for several hours and then switching on again.  Has not worked.
  • Have tried chatting to the Tech Team, but got nowhere at all after more than an hour and gave up.
  • Have also tried tried connection tests several times from My Account web site.  Says there is a problem and initiates a line test, which either drops out and says "encountered an error try later" or results in nothing at all or text message suggesting I chat to tech help.  Never any feedback identifying the problem.
  • I have had connection problems before, which I said at the outset had to be a line issue outside of my property or at the exchange.  After hours on the phone, all sorts of tests, two visits from the BT Engineer and one visit from TalkTalk Engineer proved to be a problem at the exchange.  During the course of his, the BT Engineer was tearing his hair out trying to speak to someone at TalkTalk to get them to reset their equipment, and he had a special direct line number! 
  • I see that other users have experienced similar issues with Caller Display and, reading the posts, it has often taking them weeks or months to resolve, usually by TalkTalk technicians.
  • It appears that TalkTalk have a systems issue with this and I really think it is time that they got a grip on it and stop always assuming that the problem must be with the user.
  • Perhaps someone there will read this carefully and take appropriate action to reactivate this service for me, although I say that more in hope than expectation. 
  • If anyone else has any suggestions as the how to get this resolved, I should be glad to her from them.
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Unhappybunny2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 21

Hi 37ttcom

I’ve been in exactly the same boat as you for nearly two years. 
Unhappy Bunny 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21
0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 21

Noted.  Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

OK thanks, I'll pass this over to our network team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive and update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 21

Yes Caller Display showing on My Account. 

In anticipation of your question, still not working.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Apologies, I didn't intend to switch callsafe off, I'm not really sure how I did it to be honest, I triple checked that it was caller display that I was switching off so not sure how it's happened.

Just to confirm, is caller display now showing as on in your My Account?

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 21

No, still not working.

Whilst I appreciate your assistance, it would have been a good idea if you have told me before you switched Callsafe off so that I could make a note of the Blocked and Approved numbers.  I have no record of previously Blocked numbers and now have to try and remember all the Approved numbers and re-enter them which is a pain and very time consuming.

Be aware that whenever I have experienced problems in the past, the fault has always eventually been located in the exchange.  Also, in case it is relevant, I am still on copper here as fibre is not available.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi 37ttcom,

Callsafe should be back on now. Could you just check my account and tell me if Caller Display is showing enabled now

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 21

By the way, Caller Display still not working.

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 21

I have received your latest message and then, immediately afterward, another e-mail to advise me that my Call Safe had been switched off.  I presume that was some thing that you were doing?

Can I switch Call Safe back on?  Will this mean that I will now have lost all my barred and permitted numbers and will have to re-enter them all?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

OK thanks, could you just leave it with me, I'm just going to try something else

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 21

Thanks for your recent messages.  Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

I've removed it, I'll re-add it in 30 minutes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

OK thanks. I'll try removing it and re-adding it

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 21

You will see from my original post that I have tried this before, in fact I have lost track of how many times.  However, have tried it again today, but no change.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

OK thanks. Have you tried removing it and re-adding it in My Account, if not then can you give this a try

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 21

No change I'm afraid.  Still shows "Incoming call". 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Thanks. I've made a change, can you please retest and let me know if caller display is now working

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

37ttcom
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Thanks Chris

Yes this still needs to be sorted out and I have updated my profile as requested.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi 37ttcom,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes