cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Callsafe not turning on. Appalling chat customer service again

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Says its turned on when you hit the button on  web and wait a few minutes . Doesnt turn on.

Also tries 1472

Spent hours on chat support . Told its actually a couple of hours then 24 hours to work and is still not on and no reason why its so problematic

Im on digital voice so im taking wild guess it doesnt work on digital voice or is not working correctly

Any help by mods much appreciated.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 2 of 17

Hi

Ok thanks for update

When you say "we" do you mean either of us /your end only

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi @jon1967

The order that was stuck in our system has been removed now, this caused all the subsequent orders that were behind it to complete which triggered those emails. 

We will be able now to request callsafe again.

0 Likes

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi just got an email to say my fibre is live .. despite it being live for many months 

If this is not related to sorting this out please humour me with the explanation as to where were at now . I work around IT and im not really buying even a full fix taking this long to release without a hack to sort temporarily sorry

Ps didnt mean to press fixed button ..

Thanks /regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

I can tell you what the problem is , but it wont make sense , the order to modify your account is stuck in our Service Order Management system, this is part of an ongoing bug that developers are working to fix, when a bug is being fixed it has to fully tested before being implemented.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

I feel like after over 3 weeks a bit of an explanation is appropriate / maybe further escalation . If its not just me then maybe others might want to know whether theyre going to have a problem with this feature .

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17
0 Likes

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

Any joy ?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

its with the only team that can do that, but ill see what I can do

0 Likes

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 17

Hi

Is there any way this can be escalated if not already please. I feel sure somebody could hack it on in the background if not sort me being able to do it

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Sadly not, its with the development team, it looks to be part of a bigger issue, will keep you updated when I get an update. 

0 Likes

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

Any update / Eta please ?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi any update please

Tia

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi @jon1967 

Sorry that you are having problems

Callsafe will work with VIOP it looks like the order to activate it is stuck in pending. 

I will log this as a fault to move this to activated.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @jon1967 I had this issue back in the analogue days and found that either using a different browser, or clearing the cache on my preferred allowed the macro (or whatever) on the website to do it's job.

Your post has been escalated so the pros will be in touch with a good answer during tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes