cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Connection quality and issues with grans phone line

Franco_B
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Heya,

As stated in the title, this is WRT my grans home phone line. 

She's been having on/off noise on the line, when it happens it's like there's a load of static on the phone line.  She's also had her phone calls drop.

She has no internet, no router attached anywhere.  She has a cordless phone and corded phone - she needs both.  Up until yesterday, the corded phone was attached to the master socket, the cordless phone was attached to an extension, both on their own filters as previously advised, before they didn't have filters either. 

Now, both phones are connected to the master socket, using a filter, then splitter.  They are not connected to the test socket as there isn't one.  Removing the face plate reveals wires and no socket. From what I can tell, the telephone wire comes into the house, goes into a very small box first and then goes into the first phone socket below it.

More info can be found in this thread https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Disconnections-since-25th-January/m-p/3049081#M391243 on the 27th Feb. 

Many thanks,

Rob_B

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Rob   @Franco_B 

If the noise still happens with the corded phone at the master socket (non nte5) then we will need to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Heya,

Too early to tell how it's affected her line TBH, it's intermittent so it could go for a while without doing it then do it a bit etc.

For master socket, it looks like the non NTE one.  I've just replied to your PM too chris.

Many thanks,

Rob_B

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rob,

How are you getting on, if your still need assistance can you please reply to my PM

Could you also let me know which type of master socket your Gran has - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Rob,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details.

Chris