cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Contract Renewal

GrahamChap
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have been on telephone for over 30 minutes to do something quite simple. My contract expires on 11th September at which time I will be out of the Country. I found it very difficult to understand the accent of person I was talking to, but eventually was given a price for contract renewal which shows an increase on exisitng cost. I was going to renew at that price but then the Agent says that the Contract will start as of today. Why should I give up the lower cost of existing contract for TalkTalk's convenience?? Makes no sense.   -----   All I want to do is agree a contract renewal starting on the day my old contract ends Why is that so difficult?   It seems a crafty way of TalkTalk getting a price increase a month early. Has anybody else had a similar experience?  I must admit I was being a bit lazy not looking at comparison with other providers, but this has made me buck up my ideas so I will now be looking for a new provider after I have been with TalkTalk since the first week they offered Broadband almost 20 years ago.

regards
GrahamChap
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@GrahamChap, Talktalk renewals have applied immediately for many years. 

You must have renewed as and when during these years, but possibly just within a day or two of the end of contract. It just happens that this time you will be abroad, so you are noticing it.

There's nothing exceptional about this renewal procedure, in your case.

However, you could use it as a lever. Point out that you cannot benefit from your lower price for the remaining 5 weeks and use it to haggle  / even get a month free? It is worth a try.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

GrahamChap
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Speaking as one of TalkTalk's first ever Broadband customers the I am surprised I have put up with TT's inflexible service for so long. We were hooked into TT by the promise of Free Broadband FOREVER if we took their phone line. Surprise when we moved house TT insisted on new Contract and Guess what - we lose the free Broadband for life promise. Not only that we lost our email address and had to get new email address as TT had no way of assigning old email address to new Contract. Same went for phone number.

With TT celebrating 20 years in business I would have thought they might be interested in looking after longest surviving customers, but instead the latest inflexibility now means that at last I am getting competitive quotes elsewhere. Guess there is no reward for loyalty these days!

regards
GrahamChap
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi GrahamChap

Sorry that you are unhappy, renewals start straight away, sadly there is no facility to schedule a renewal for a specific date. 

Apologies again. 

0 Likes