Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cut telephone wire at new property

3 REPLIES 3
karlsalt
Chatterbox

Hi, I can't seem to find an answer to this so hopefully somebody will beable to help. We purchased a new property last year and have had a lot of building work done so we havent been living there. The builders have finally finished and I have arranaged to get our Talk Talk phone and broadband package transfered over to the new property next week. I have been down today and noticed that the builders have cut through the external telephone wire by the front door so I need to get this fixed asap. I have tried Talk Talk's live chat but I can't seem to get an answer on who I need to contact, not sure if I need to go direct to BT or if Talk Talk need to arrange it. Any help will be appricated. Thanks

ferguson
Community Star

If the builders have damaged the external line and it is not currently active then they should get in touch directly with Openreach, who will doubtless expect them to pay for the repair.

karlsalt
Chatterbox

Thanks, the builders have said that they will pay but said it would be best if I sort it and bill them. On the opereach website it says 'You need to talk to your communications provider first – that’s the company who sends you a bill. We’re sorry, but we can’t talk to you directly about it.'

obviously we arent in the new property yet so the Talk Talk line isn't active there. I may have to see if the builders will sort it.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, you can point out to Openreach that you aren't currently with an ISP and that the line is not active. But clearly it needs fixing before you can get service from any ISP. And that you/the builder accept responsibility. I am sure this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. Call them on 0800 023 2023. Let us know if you are still stuck.