Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dead Landline, Broadband ok

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sightseer

Since afternoon of 15.09.20 my landline has gone dead.

No dial tone, cannot make or receive calls.

Calling landline from a different phone, it rings and goes to voicemail. On the landline, no ringing is heard. Also cannot retrieve vmail.

Anyone else in the same boat??

Gimme a working service is all I ask...
Highlighted
Community Star

For help from forum staff, @Tango505, you need to complete your community forum profile details,  as at the moment they cannot identify your account.  Don't post any information on the open forum pages. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Sightseer
Details updated..., please investigate asap.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Sightseer

Much appreciated OCE_Karl.

Out of curiosity - shouldn't the TalkTalk service status page have something on there about some of your paying customers encountering this issue due to no fault of our own?

Highlighted

Hi

The status page will have outages flagged that affect a number of customers or an exchange etc.

At present, I can only see a test failing or your line individually.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello.

Some progress, there were BT OpenReach engineers around my street today.

The work they have done has got me back on Broadband.

However, my phoneline is still not working. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I know you guys are doing your best given what's going on. And I appreciate it.

Highlighted

Hi Tango505,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks