cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Digital Voice and additional handsets

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Currently I have a principal handset with an answerphone and an additional corded handset. I believe that when this area is shortly moved to Digital Voice, I will need the Wi-Fi Hub 2 with a phone socket ( replacing my current Wi-Fi Hub 1) and I will move the handset upstairs next to the router in order to connect it. The additional corded handset currently upstairs I plan to move downstairs. There is a wi-if extension there but will I need the special adaptor in order to use this handset? Any help would be appreciated 

Pal353
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Thank you for this helpful information. I will follow your advice.

Pal353
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

When it's available in your area, @Pal353, Talktalk will let you know.

If you accept an upgrade with them, specify that you'll need digital voice at the time.

The requisite router will be sent around the time of the installation. 

Just because Full Fibre is being installed locally doesn't mean that Talktalk will be able to offer it immediately. The areas are covered by Openreach,  CityFibre etc and the ISPs don't all have deals done with them yet, so you'll probably need to wait for further information. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Thanks again ferguson. Yes the additional handset connects wirelessly to the principal handset. What I shall need is the W-Fi Hub2 with a phone socket. I have seen a picture of this and apart from this additional socket, it looks identical of my current Wi-Fi Hub1 router which has been very good. Can I obtain the Hub2 router from TalkTalk at no additional charge (as customers are not supposed to be out of pocket by this change to Digital Voice) and if so when should I request one? The North-West is scheduled to make this switch this autumn. There are BT roadshows being held about it and I plan to visit the one in Lancaster at the end of this month. Thanks again for your help.

Pal353
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Assuming your additional handsets connect to the main one wirelessly then your set up will work going forwards, save that the main unit wiil be connected to the Hub/DVA rather than a separate BT socket. 

0 Likes

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Ferguson but I am in error. The handset base  has a cable which is plugged into an electric socket but the phone itself is lifted off the base and therefore is cordless. Does this make a difference?

Pal353
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Corded phone extension sockets will not work with a VoIP service. Best to consider a cordless set of phones. 

0 Likes