cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Eero 6 and Grandstream HT801 phone doesn't work following power cut.

hughg
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

I have Eero 6 and Grandstream HT801 for VoIP. Following a power cut (we are having electrical work resulting in short power cuts) the Eero 6 and Grandstream restart but the phone doesn't operate correctly. It rings but voice isn't present. Have to restart Grandstream to get voice working. I assume this is a problem related to the Eero 6 restarting and not connecting successfully to the Grandstream. How can I get these 2 devices to startup correctly?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hello,

Just a quick update to advise that I'm still awaiting an update back on this.

Thanks

Message 2 of 24

Morning,

Ok, thank you. I've asked our product/devices team if they are aware of any known issues with this and I will post back as soon as they reply.

Thanks

Message 3 of 24

Hi,

As replacement didn't help I have returned it today using the return label you enclosed. Nothing more to do here so will close problem. Unresolved.

Hugh G

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try following the troubleshooting steps in the eero app as there should be an option to contact the eero team directly and offer additional advice.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi,

Replacement arrived this afternoon. I made switch and simulated power cut and got the same result. I watched the system come back on. Both eero and DVA internet light were blinking then both became solid together but the phone line was dead. I powered the DVA off/on but even that didn't work immediately. I got message saying device not registered. After a couple of tries the phone line worked.

Assuming it is a problem with eero and the DVA will there be any updates to eero? Are they automatic?

Hugh G 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24
0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Not yet. I'll keep you posted.

Hugh G

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if this has arrived?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. We've ordered the DVA and this should arrive in the next 48hrs. Not as far as I aware, the phone would need to be connected to the eero via the DVA. We will check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Message 10 of 24

Hi,

This would be worth trying. I will return the current one and test the replacement.

As an aside are there phones that do not require the DVA? Maybe I should replace my current phone.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hello,

We can try sending a replacement DVA for testing purposes and returns bag but one of the DVA's would need to be returned. Would this be ok?

Thanks

Message 12 of 24

Hi,

Not a satisfactory solution. Either this is a known problem with eero and DVA or it is not and as such needs further investigation.  I have copied an earlier response from Michelle:

on ‎30-05-2023 09:03 AM

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

Ok I understand and thanks for confirming. If this does continue to happen then please let us know and we can try replacing the Digital Voice Adapter to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

OK thanks. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything that we can do about this. Power cuts can and do cause problems, I think restarting the DVA is just something that you are going to need to do as long as you continue to experience power cuts

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

The problem is that the DVA, i.e. home phone, has to be restarted to get it to work. This might be fine(!) if I am at home but not much use if I am away. Can't say if it is the DVA or eero causing problem.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi hughg,

Following the power outage if you restart the DVA does it then work?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi,

It happens when the power gets cut for any reason be it storm related or building works. Cannot be predicted. Just when it happens the landline becomes unusable. Not what I signed up for.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. How often has this been happening? Does it only happen when their is a storm or at other times too?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

(recent post appears to have been lost)

We have started getting power outages as a result of stormy weather. When the system restarted the phone was not working. Had to restart the DVA. The eero was updated and restarted recently and the phone worked fine without it requiring a restart. The problem seems to be associated with eero and DVA restarting together. The DVA doesn't connect correctly. Don't know if this is an eero or DVA problem.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Morning,

Ok I understand and thanks for confirming. If this does continue to happen then please let us know and we can try replacing the Digital Voice Adapter to rule this out.

Thanks

Message 20 of 24

Hi,

We do not normally get power cuts and these cuts were as a result of building work requiring the power to be cut intermittently. So no this isn't normal but I only discovered this problem because the power was cut. If I hadn't been around to reset the DVA we could have been without a working phone without our knowledge. In fact the first time it happened it was a couple of days before I realised we were missing calls.

0 Likes