cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Interference on home phone

sal2305
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

We only have a home phone connection via Talktalk as broadband (full fibre) with another supplier.

The home phone line is really poor with constant crackling and mushy background noise such that it is virtually impossible to hear the content of a call. 

The my connection test my line does not run 'we have run into a problem'.

How can I move forward to identify the fault?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

OK. The reason we ask this, is, if Openreach engineers are sent, and they connect a phone into the master socket and all works as it should, they will then charge you and us for the call out.

This is something we will always try to avoid.   If you are unsure if it is the phone handset itself, you can always test the handset on a friend or neighbours line, and this will confirm if the handset is in good working order.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

sal2305
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Thank you for progressing this quickly.

We only have 1 wired phone and that is plugged into a secondary socket.

To unplug this and plug it into the master socket (after unplugging router etc) will mean moving heavy furniture around.

We will not be able to  do this until the weekend.

We have tried using various handsets and they all have the same issue. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

I've ran a test on the line and it is clear, nothing obvious detected.

Have you tested another handset directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one with nothing else connected, to verify the issue still remains.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

sal2305
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I have updated as requested

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Can you please update your Community Profile to include your

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes