cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline no dial tone

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

My landline is not working.   Just have background noise when I pick up the receiver. 

Please investigate.

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi @Jam_bo 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential line fault so I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 19

Apologies, it may be that the indicator is just not showing for some reason. Rest assured that the support team will pick up your issue and deal with it.

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 19

My landline hasn't changed.

I confirmed that my landline was in my profile in the 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th posts above, and again in the 15th. 

This is not OK.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

OK, as I said, don't worry about it. If you are talking "many years ago" perhaps something has changed. Either way, it is a distraction from the case in point. 

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 19

That was already there when I first looked at the community settings/profile and I have not changed it.  I added it many years ago.  That is the only useful data field for support in the whole profile.  The rest is irrelevant.  What possible use is my biography for example?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

OK, try your TalkTalk phone number?

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

I have just used the wizard for updating my profile and went through the entire wizard and saved it.  This doesn't seem to have made any difference.

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

Test

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

I fully understand that I have a talktalk account and a separate community account and that their settings are separate.

When you first asked me to update my talktalk community account I copied the account number from my talktalk account into the Customer ID field on my talktalk community account and saved my community profile.

I searched for other fields that might help but alas I found none, hence my questioning to you.  

If you want me to add more information please can you be specific about the additional fields that I need to fill in. ie tell me the exact name of the data field that I must fill in.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

I am not asking you to add any information to your TalkTalk My Account, but to your profile on the community to which I posted a direct link, twice. Can you not the see the necessary details to fill in here? Make sure you click the Save changes button at the bottom of the page. I know it may seem repetitious, but it will help the support team. The journey in may a bit a wee bit different to what you knew before. Don't worry, you have still come to the right place. The support team should pick this up tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Although I have used the community before, to access it this time I had to log in to my talktalk account and associate it before could re-access the community so I assumed perhaps wrongly that talktalk had connected my community account which is accessed through the same email with my talktalk account.

I've been back into the settings many times now since you first asked and I can't see what more I can do in relation to my talktalk account.   My landline was there already.  I added my account number into the Customer ID field.    I added my mobile but it didn't make any difference.. 

Previously I have been able to get support through the community.  If I now need to do something else to fix my landline problem rather than posting here please let me know.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

OK, there is an indicator under your avatar and username which shows when your profile is complete, like the TalkTalk one against mine. Yours isn't there. I'll leave this with the support team now.

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

My landline is there along with my talktalk account number.  What additional information do you need?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

You need to put the details in the link I posted earlier, repeated here for ease, the account association doesn't seem to work in all cases.

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

My landline is in the account.  I have added my talktalk account number.  My community account is associated with my talktalk account. What other account details do you need?  

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

OK, thanks for that. You need to put your account details in your community profile as I mentioned earlier. 

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi ferguson,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I have tried the test socket and it gives the same result - no dial tone.  The phone number in my account is correct.  I have not changed anything in my set-up and my broadband is working.   Openreach have been working in the local area though.

Kind regards

Jam_bo

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Have you tried connecting at the test socket

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.