cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Move from Shell Broadband

farneholm
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

As you moved me from Shell Broadband unilaterally without my permission, I understand I am able to move from TalkTalk without any penalty. Also, Talktalk have stated my home phone is disconnected. It is not. Please amend the error on my account

farneholm
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @farneholm

Your contract status is carried over from Shell, if you are out of contract you are free to move, however your contract runs to 2026 so cancellation will incur fees. 

You will need to re-register for My Account using your new account number starting 95.  I have removed your old account details. 

Regards

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Your original contract period with Shell remains in force until it ends.

TalkTalk did not take it over unilaterally, shell sold their business off and TalkTalk, being the infrastructure provider, were the natural company to purchase this as take over the billing for your account.

Staff will look into your phone issue, and yu are in their queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes