Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Master Socket & Damaged External Wiring

sh_cottrell2
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I spoke to an advisor earlier to enquire about getting out master socket moved. They booked a BrightSparks engineer but from reading on here, it needs to be a BT Openreach engineer?

We've got random wires everywhere and following one outside I realised the external box which connects to the telephone wire is damaged, as it's the wire that runs down into the house. 

Presumably, this also requires an Openreach Engineer? Can this be booked through Talk Talk and all sorted at the same time?

20180623_202341.jpg

20180623_202309.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Sarah, 

Sorry My mistake, I didn't see the confirmation till it was too late, Apologies for that hopefully it will get done on the 13th.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9
Hi, Thanks for getting the appointment sorted. Unfortunately neither Talk Talk or Openreach sent me confirmation details so I was out when the engineer turned up! However he is going to try and rearrange for Friday 13th.

Thanks

Sarah
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I'll post back when the appointment is confirmed, sadly it looks like that date may not be available but ill let you know.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

That's great, thank you. Friday is always a good day. I do the school run, but then I'm in from about 9.10am 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi sh_cottrell2

OK,  ill get the Brightsparks cancelled and an Openreach engineer booked,

I'll try to get it for the same day the Brightspark was arranged for. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm fine with the charge, as long as the engineer can fix the external wiring at the same time as moving the master socket. 

I spoke to Bright Sparks this morning who confirmed I need a BT Openreach engineer to do the external work.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi sh_cottrell2

Are you aware that there is a charge 

If you need a master socket installed or you want to move/replace your current one, please contact us to arrange an engineer visit. This is chargeable at £128.40

Is this acceptable?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You are right only BT Openreach can sort this & it certainly does look like your external wiring is up to their normal standard.

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?