cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Dial Tone - Talktalk Port My Copper Line Number to Another Customers VOIP Instead of Theirs

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

This is hard to believe, bear with me I shall call myself TT customer (A).

On 30 Oct 23  I lost dial tone on my copper landline (FTTC Broadland is working at  least).

So I dialed my land line number with my mobile and another TT customer (B) answers and says he was moved to Cityfibre by TT on 27 Oct 23 and his phone phone number no longer works. He was very unhappy. So was I as some calls he made appeared on my (A) call logs.

Luckily I have inclusive calls so cost was nil, as a result customer B moved his phone back to his copper line socket which still works with his own number.

TT had actually ported MY landline number (A) to his (B) VOIP (TT Digital Voice) by mistake but left his (B) number which remains on his copper line.

And no, I have not ever requested to be moved to TT full fibre.

All of this I reported to TT Chat on 12:00 on 30 Oct, their only action was to create a booking on Openreach to investigate... Having failed to get any sense out of TT Chat 'support' by 02 Nov 23 I spend many hours trying to open a complaint with you guessed it the same call Centre is South Africa.  This resulted in 'Rita' (stage name) saying she would call me today 6 Nov 23 with an update. However the update turned out to be, there is none and she will call again 10 Nov 23. 

I also provided TT with customer B's landline and mobile numbers.

All I need is my number put back on my copper landline  where is was, this is not a fault that requires investigation as I have done that for TT/OR.

Can someone from TT staff get this message to someone who has some idea how their system and processes actually work and solve issues instead of creating them.

Help Please !

0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

Message 1 of 71

Hi Jacobite_Warrior,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 71

The fibre that was with sky and I changed it to TALK-TALK in another property and its actually a Copper line and now it's 10days later with an engineer coming out tomorrow morning to see what's stopping my Broadband connecting without Internet.

Jacobite_Warrior
0 Likes

Message 3 of 71

That's great news, thanks for the update.

If your telephone service is working as normal I would just ignore the test results, yes they can sometimes give false positives 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 71

Chris,

Modem type report.

Device report.

Link speed.

Data daily useage.

All now reporting normal data.

Thanks for your efforts in getting it done.

Just an fyi I ran the bb test yesterday, no issue.

However phone line test suggested a fault, but no detail despite it working as normal.

REP-13759056 

Is the test prone to false positives ?

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 5 of 71

OK thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 71

Chris,

The speed test with line rate to router is now looking more normal.

The data use looks ok now.

Two down.

Device display is still other customers, not mine.

Router type shown is still other customers, not mine.

Two to go.

One odd thing when i go back in browser from a test item to the test menu there is a brief message saying 

You are not authorised to view MyAccount.

But the menu does display.

Qswi014

0 Likes

Message 7 of 71

Hi qswi014,

Could you please retest and let me know if it is now working

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 71

Sorry to hear it's still the same, I'll ask for an update and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 71

Chris,

No change here still nonsense test data, is it that difficult to fix ?

The browser code shows java looks up from a TT server, so my services reference data would most likely need a restore to pre 27 Oct.

Or don't they have  backups ?

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 10 of 71

Hi qswi014,

Just quick update to let you know that the team have located the problem and are looking into it today

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 71

OK, thanks for trying that. I'll find out who this needs to be raised too. I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 71

Chris TT,

Left router off for 69 minutes.

Still showing other customer BB service after restart.

Qswi014

0 Likes

Message 13 of 71

OK thanks. I think it's worth a try as it will force the start of a new session

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 71

Chris,

Ive tried router reboot a couple of times and cache clearence, this is most definatly account related.

But I will do as you request anyway.

Qswi014

0 Likes

Message 15 of 71

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let me know if this resolves the problem

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 71

Chris TT,

The broadband test tools are still not showing my own account, samples below.

The only exception is the speed test which now uses Ookla direct to the client.

Before login support tools bad items marked with with three cross's.

Capture1.JPG

Speed test, with 150Mb router data underneath, not mine.

Note missing data since other customers number was ported in.

Capture 150.JPG

Not My Router

Capture2.JPG

Not My Usage

Note missing data since other customers number was ported in.

Capture3 his usage.JPG

In the dashboard display after login there is still a device display:

Not my devices

Capture4 his devices.JPG

Correcting the phone number movements last week has still left references to the other customers BB service.

So either my login profile is now corrupt, or there is a TT database that is corrupt.

In fact, My Account still thinks I have a mobile with TT despite dropping that years ago, that gives errors also.

If its corruption of my login profile it might be easiest to delete 'My Account login' and let me re-register.

I'm guessing that would not loose any underlying account information. ?

Otherwise its over to you for other options.

Qswi014

0 Likes

Message 17 of 71

I would think this will sort itself out over the next few days but if it doesn't please let us know and we'll look into it further.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 71

Chris,

Forget the other customer then, I was just trying to help him.

The bulk update (provisioning mess  undo) directly impacts whether or not i get a sensible result from the TT test routines.

Or is it going to be left as a half working bodge ?

Is that something we can ask ?

Thanks

Postscript at 14:22

Cust (B) just told me he "got his number moved yesterday after 3 days of no internet at all". 

So he is completed.

However, the network tests for me are still include his Full Fibre results , data usage report also affected , note the missing days, likely not my results either.

qswi014_0-1701440849273.jpeg

Qswi014

0 Likes

Message 19 of 71

Hi qswi014,

Thanks for the update, apologies but as Gliwmaeden2 has said, the other customer will need to register and post on the Community if they want help from the community team. If they can do this then we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 71

Customer B needs to post their own topic on this forum if they want staff support in the community. 

There's nothing forum staff  can do for them through your thread, @qswi014.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes