cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Dial Tone - Talktalk Port My Copper Line Number to Another Customers VOIP Instead of Theirs

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

This is hard to believe, bear with me I shall call myself TT customer (A).

On 30 Oct 23  I lost dial tone on my copper landline (FTTC Broadland is working at  least).

So I dialed my land line number with my mobile and another TT customer (B) answers and says he was moved to Cityfibre by TT on 27 Oct 23 and his phone phone number no longer works. He was very unhappy. So was I as some calls he made appeared on my (A) call logs.

Luckily I have inclusive calls so cost was nil, as a result customer B moved his phone back to his copper line socket which still works with his own number.

TT had actually ported MY landline number (A) to his (B) VOIP (TT Digital Voice) by mistake but left his (B) number which remains on his copper line.

And no, I have not ever requested to be moved to TT full fibre.

All of this I reported to TT Chat on 12:00 on 30 Oct, their only action was to create a booking on Openreach to investigate... Having failed to get any sense out of TT Chat 'support' by 02 Nov 23 I spend many hours trying to open a complaint with you guessed it the same call Centre is South Africa.  This resulted in 'Rita' (stage name) saying she would call me today 6 Nov 23 with an update. However the update turned out to be, there is none and she will call again 10 Nov 23. 

I also provided TT with customer B's landline and mobile numbers.

All I need is my number put back on my copper landline  where is was, this is not a fault that requires investigation as I have done that for TT/OR.

Can someone from TT staff get this message to someone who has some idea how their system and processes actually work and solve issues instead of creating them.

Help Please !

0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

Message 21 of 71

Chris TT,

A couple of changes since my last post.

1. The CEO Office is now out of the loop and both of our accounts have been unlocked and our phone calls to TT support now route normally rather than unhelpfully to the CEO's unanswered voice mail. 

2. Customer (B) is still waiting for his copper to Digital Voice number migration last I heard, no update as yet on when provisioning will run bulk fixes. Or have they ?

3. TT web development have made some changes today to the TT customer broadband test tools to mitigate the data breach but still leave a mixture of our two accounts. Client devices display is removed entirely but Modem and speed tests are still a hybrid of two accounts.

Screen shots below.

My test still shows Customer (B) router, not mine.

Screenshot_Still Wrong Modem.png

My 192.168.1.1 direct router response.

qswi014_0-1701430234273.png

My (TT tool speed test) : (Real FAST5364 on FTTC is running at 80/20 as always, but test also shows FF 150Mb of cust (b), rather messy.

Screenshot_Modified Speedtest.png

Perhaps it would be helpful for TT developers to use customers to test.

Thanks

qswi014 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 71

Morning,

Thank you again for the update. Once a complaint is with our CEO Team then there is no further action that we can take via the Community as this will all be managed by the Complaint Manager. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 23 of 71

Michelle,

I have had calls from both my case manger Nas (*0088) and Ash (ceo office).

The root cause of my (unexpected number loss case) is the result of a bulk update by Provisioning with incorrect data that affects 'thousands'.

These may present as lost or incorrectly assigned numbers.

I suspect this incident is in no small part due to the bulk marketing emails containing speculative FF install dates sent to customers that never actually happened. Corrupt data > provisioning == mess.

This is now escalated to a Talktalk 'Incident' and Provisioning are in the process of collating the corrections for a bulk correctional update rather than individual fixes.

I asked Ash to unblock my TT account and that of the other customer (contact info in my profile Priv).

Mine is unlocked but not the other customer if we can get him unlocked also.?

His landline number number will now remain on copper until the bulk corrections are done.

Lets hope that goes better than the bulk breakages.

Thanks

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 24 of 71

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you don't hear back from our CEO's Office by the end of today following your email and we can escalate this again for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 71

Chris TT,

Being able to use our phone number (rather than another customer having it for 26 days) is progress, but could have been done within hours if Talktalk staff had listened earlier.

There is however a hangover.

When Ash at the CEO Office eventualy became aware that the TT broadband speed and device check tools showed the other customers data instead of mine, they locked our accounts. They still are locked, pointlessly. Please unlock them.

The intent was to stop the data protection breach, despite being far too late anyway.

What Ash didn't know is  the tools do not require login !

They still work now, and STILL show the other cutomers fibre data despite no longer having my number.

Rather a good check for others who lost dial tone.

It may be that the  import of the other customers landline number will purge the  reference via my number.

I assume that import will be done today ?

I have emailed Nas and Ash with all this, I hope they read it.

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 26 of 71

Hi qswi014,

I'm glad to hear that you have your number back, thanks for letting me know. I'm really sorry it's taken so long, apologies again for any inconvenience.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 71

Chris,

At last some good news !

I did a test dial at 21:00 and discover my number is finaly  back on my copper line and working after 26 days.

The other the customers Digital ATA phone port is now dead as I checked with him.

Hopefully his copper number migration to Digital will follow shortly ?

qswi014

Message 28 of 71

Chris (TT UK Community Support),

Some more TT stupidity.

I just had a call from the other customer (who still has my number on his TT Digital Voice) via his FAST 5464 router ATA port.

His own landline number still on his copper line so nobody forgets and a phone on both his and my numbers.

He has just been called by someone (no-name) at TT to say they have booked  Openreach to visit HIM to see what the problem is for next Tuesday.

Headless Chickens comes to mind.

As some of us  already know (since day one) this does not involve Openreach kit at all.

Perhaps TT should look more carefully at who they employ. 

Is there the remotest chance that anybody in Provisioning is capable of getting my number back before Christmas !

All the need to do is phone my number (and see who answers it, or is that against TT rules ?

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 29 of 71

OK, thanks for letting me know, I'll feed it back. Apologies again.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 71

Chris TT,

Just had a call from Nas on the SA *0088 number.

Nas said "provisioning took my number back yesterday" 

Nas called my number, it rang out no answer (not on my line).

After the call to me, I called it and find its STILL ON THE OTHER CUSTOMER PORT.

He didn't get to the phone in time to answer it when she called.

I am blocked from calling TT 0088 number so.

So can you get this message to Nas that Provisioning don't know what the are doing and have failed this basic task.

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 31 of 71

Ash No.

Zero feedback feedback from anyone at all.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 71

Has Ash arranged to call you back?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 71

Chris T,

I just spoke again to the TT customer who currently has use of my phone number (as well as his)

We speak a lot as TT don't tell us much...

When he opened his complaint with CEO Office a week or so ago he mentioned data breach regarding the TT account testing tools like broadband speed and device status were visible on the wrong accounts.

As data protection breach is very important the TT CEO office  just locked both our accounts, .

But since this is caused by the deliberate if unintentional action of miss porting my number we are the victims.

Since data protection is such a priority, perhaps the CEO office can get of their xxx and repair the source of their damage with the same velocity of a finger in the hole data protection fix.

Tomorrow I will talk to the ICO to get their opinion on the TT  'process hole'.  

qswi014

0 Likes

Message 34 of 71

It appears that Ash has taken over the complaint so looks as though you'll be dealing with them going forward. I raised this to our network team on the 13th, they confirmed that it's a provisioning issue and passed it over to the Provisioning team, I've since asked for an update but as yet haven't received one. Usually when our CEO's office get involved they take over and it's best just to deal with your Complaint Manager to avoid any confusion

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 71

Chris TT,

Complaint manager Nas (SA) or Ash (CEO Office) ?

Nas was supposed to Friday but it appears Ash to have 'displaced' her and Ash does not respond to my emails or voice mail I left today.

So I have no idea, rather like them it would appear or they might let me know.

I cant even talk to the SA call center now !

Can you even see if a ticket was raised to port my number back, if it was why its not been executed ?

0 Likes

Message 36 of 71

Hi qswi14,

I'm sorry about this, has your Complaint Manager arranged to call you back?

Chris

0 Likes

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 71

Sorry date typos, fixed,  thanks.

Message 38 of 71

@qswi014, the above is getting confusing. You mean November rather than October perhaps?

Could you check all instances?

You can edit the post via the 3 vertical dot menu.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 39 of 71

Chris,

I didn't believe Talktalk's  handling of their 'error in miss porting' my  land line number away to the other customers TT Digital Voice port instead of theirs on 30 Oct 2023 could get any worse.

But it has.

On Monday 20 Nov I had a call from the S Africa call centre ***0088 number from a third assigned Case Manager call Nas.

She got the issue and emailed a plan to fix and said she would call to update me on Friday 24 Nov, key points in bold below.

Received Mon 20/11/2023 11:55

Good afternoon MR ***

To resolve this issue, I will undertake the following steps:

• -Initiate a porting ticket to recover the customer's original landline number.
• -BAS Escalation.
Kind Regards 
Nas
SMC Case Management

Progress at last I thought, but still nothing.

22 Nov 2023 12:15

I received this Openreach text, I replied FIXED simply to stop the pointless visit, TT are responsible and I am still BROKEN.

I have no idea who requested this OR visit.

qswi014_0-1700735630323.jpeg

I emailed my Case Manager 'Las' immediately with this info but got no reply.

22 Nov 2023 14:23

I get a  private number call from Ash @TT CEO Complaints called me what he was told was a crossed line issue.

I say that this is a misleading and unhelpful description of provisioning porting my number instead of the other customers.

Our accounts are linked simply because of TT's miss assignment of my number.

Ash then emailed me and I sent him the history and link to this thread.

23 Nov 2023 

I can no longer log into MyAccount to check anything as it says account suspended, is that help ?

So I call 0345 172 0088 and verify my with my normal number and get CEO Complaints Voice Mail.

Is this supposed to be progress, what happened to Monday's action list from Nas, its just pathetic.

No action, blocked access, phone number still not restored, loss will be 4 weeks next Monday. 

qswi014_1-1700736365419.png

0 Likes

Message 40 of 71

Hi qswi014,

I'm sorry this is taking so long. I'll try to get update and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes