cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Dial Tone - Talktalk Port My Copper Line Number to Another Customers VOIP Instead of Theirs

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

This is hard to believe, bear with me I shall call myself TT customer (A).

On 30 Oct 23  I lost dial tone on my copper landline (FTTC Broadland is working at  least).

So I dialed my land line number with my mobile and another TT customer (B) answers and says he was moved to Cityfibre by TT on 27 Oct 23 and his phone phone number no longer works. He was very unhappy. So was I as some calls he made appeared on my (A) call logs.

Luckily I have inclusive calls so cost was nil, as a result customer B moved his phone back to his copper line socket which still works with his own number.

TT had actually ported MY landline number (A) to his (B) VOIP (TT Digital Voice) by mistake but left his (B) number which remains on his copper line.

And no, I have not ever requested to be moved to TT full fibre.

All of this I reported to TT Chat on 12:00 on 30 Oct, their only action was to create a booking on Openreach to investigate... Having failed to get any sense out of TT Chat 'support' by 02 Nov 23 I spend many hours trying to open a complaint with you guessed it the same call Centre is South Africa.  This resulted in 'Rita' (stage name) saying she would call me today 6 Nov 23 with an update. However the update turned out to be, there is none and she will call again 10 Nov 23. 

I also provided TT with customer B's landline and mobile numbers.

All I need is my number put back on my copper landline  where is was, this is not a fault that requires investigation as I have done that for TT/OR.

Can someone from TT staff get this message to someone who has some idea how their system and processes actually work and solve issues instead of creating them.

Help Please !

0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

Message 61 of 71

@qswi014, this thread was re-escalated yesterday. Please wait for staff to respond after the weekend, to keep this moving forward in the queue for attention. 

There are inevitably confidentiality issues at stake when dealing with this sort of issue. Eg, you also have access to the phone numbers detailed as being called by the other customer. 

Staff will follow up asap.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 62 of 71

Chris,

More bizarre information re:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/No-Dial-Tone-Talktalk-Port-My-Copper-Line-Number-to-A...

Talktalks error in moving my copper number to customer B's VOIP also allows me to view HIS FF network status rather than my (still working FTTC 80/20 ). 

The other customer (B) has contacted TT CEO office and been called about this also but they did not comprehend or make any advance on fixing us both despite several calls to him.

The screwup with our numbers was bad enough, we know what was done, the solution is not rocket science.

I Cust A on (FTTC 80/20) but I see customer B speed test, just another effect of mashing two TT customer accounts.

After 2 weeks broken we are both desperate for TT to undo the mess they initiated.

QSWI014

qswi014_0-1699711870375.png

0 Likes

Message 63 of 71

OK thanks. I've checked and it does appear that this has been raised to Openreach for investigation but there hasn't been an update since it was raised. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 64 of 71

Chris,

Correct no dial tone as per line 2 of my original post.

On 30 Oct 23  I lost dial tone on my copper landline (FTTC Broadland is working at  least).

Also correct TT/OR ported my number instead of customer B who was moved to Cityfibre FF on 27 Oct 23.

Customer B was unaware he had access to my number until I called it from my mobile on 30 Oct 23.

So I, need my number back where I can use it on copper.

Cust B, needs his own copper number porting to  his TT VOIP.

I gave all the parties number to TT Chat but unsure if they passed them on anyone.

Thanks

ChrisM

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 65 of 71

Hi qswi014,

So just to confirm, your FTTC service works fine but your landline number appears to have been given to someone else? Is there currently a dial tone on your landline or is the line dead?

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 66 of 71

I did read it all, but you hadn't made it clear that it did not involve charges for the calls.

Please do not post back further, so as to keep this thread moving forward in the queue to reach staff for attention. 

Wait for their response. 

0 Likes

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 71

My first post was rather long to read but it does contain all the relevent detail including my total loss of phone service for one week so far and no remedial  actions by either Talktalk or Openreach who will I suspect bat back to TT.

0 Likes

Message 68 of 71

@qswi014, you hadn't explained previously that there was no charge associated with the calls.

[Edit: the OP has now edited the initial post].

This error with the line is sometimes dealt with via the accounts team. I will put it back in the home phone category for that team to follow up.

If it takes several days to sort out you may qualify for compensation:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

0 Likes

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 69 of 71

Please dont move my post, the cross billing is NOT the issue I already explained to TT customer B and he should unplug his phone from the VOIP port and plug back into his copper line as his number is still on his copper line.

Three calls he made were zero charge.

The big issue is I have no means of using my landline and cant make ir recived any calls on the number.

I.e. I have no phone service.

This is why I chose NOSERVICE category.

Please undo your move.

Thank you

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 70 of 71

It sounds not unlike a "crossed wire" fiasco, @qswi014, complicated by the fact that it's been moved to a VOIP service.

You need to be credited with the costs of calls clocked up by customer B too.

It sounds like an account and billing issue, so I'll move this to that section of the forum. From there staff should also be able to organise the retrieval of your phone number!

Thankfully you have not been totally disconnected in error.....!

Staff will reply during the day (Monday to Friday).

0 Likes