cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Dial Tone - Talktalk Port My Copper Line Number to Another Customers VOIP Instead of Theirs

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

This is hard to believe, bear with me I shall call myself TT customer (A).

On 30 Oct 23  I lost dial tone on my copper landline (FTTC Broadland is working at  least).

So I dialed my land line number with my mobile and another TT customer (B) answers and says he was moved to Cityfibre by TT on 27 Oct 23 and his phone phone number no longer works. He was very unhappy. So was I as some calls he made appeared on my (A) call logs.

Luckily I have inclusive calls so cost was nil, as a result customer B moved his phone back to his copper line socket which still works with his own number.

TT had actually ported MY landline number (A) to his (B) VOIP (TT Digital Voice) by mistake but left his (B) number which remains on his copper line.

And no, I have not ever requested to be moved to TT full fibre.

All of this I reported to TT Chat on 12:00 on 30 Oct, their only action was to create a booking on Openreach to investigate... Having failed to get any sense out of TT Chat 'support' by 02 Nov 23 I spend many hours trying to open a complaint with you guessed it the same call Centre is South Africa.  This resulted in 'Rita' (stage name) saying she would call me today 6 Nov 23 with an update. However the update turned out to be, there is none and she will call again 10 Nov 23. 

I also provided TT with customer B's landline and mobile numbers.

All I need is my number put back on my copper landline  where is was, this is not a fault that requires investigation as I have done that for TT/OR.

Can someone from TT staff get this message to someone who has some idea how their system and processes actually work and solve issues instead of creating them.

Help Please !

0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

Message 41 of 71

Chris TT,

Below is the feedback message I entered in yet another TT survey sent to me today titled how did we deal with your Technical Issue.

I have replaced both our customer contact numbers with <> and added them to my profile private section as its never been confirmed to me that anyone logged them despite me providing them on 30 Oct 23 and multiple times since.

IT IS NOW THREE WEEKS SINCE TALKTALK UK PROVISIONING TEAM REMOVED MY COPPER LAND LINE NUMBER <my ll> DUE TO THEIR INCOMPETENCE AND ASSIGNED IT TO ANOTHER TALKTALK CUSTOMER IN MY AREA WHO SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS NUMBER MOVED TO TT DIGITAL VOICE.

SINCE 30 OCT 23 MY NUMBER  HAS ONLY BEEN ACCESSIBLE TO THE OTHER TT CUSTOMER WHILE HIS NUMBER <his ll> REMAINS ON HIS COPPER LINE.

SO HE HAS MINE AND HIS AND I HAVE NONE.

AFRICA SUPPORT REJECTED ALL MY INFORMATION AND WASTED 3 WEEKS BLAMING OPENREACH.

UK COMMUNITY WEB SUPPORT ALSO WASTED 2 WEEKS BUT HAVE FAILED TO GET ANY ACTION FROM UK NETWORK OPERATIONS AND NOW PROVISIONING.

WE HAVE ALSO RAISED THIS WITH TT CEO, ALSO NO ACTION.

AFRICA NOW SEEMS TO THINK MY COMPLAINT IS CLOSED AND HAVING NO SERVICE IS FIXED.

IT IS NOT.

EITHER FIX US BOTH TOMORROW OR WE PUBLISH THIS ORDEAL IN THE PRESS NEXT WEEK. 

<my mob>

0 Likes

Message 42 of 71

We do arrange Openreach engineers for crossed lines but this is when an engineer has accidently crossed the lines when fixing a fault or carrying out other work, so I can see why they have booked the engineer. In this case although it does appear to be a crossed line it's a provisioning issue 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 71

Chris,

I worked for Motorola Cellular Networks for over 10 years so such events are not unfamiliar to me. 

The new OR appointment was a last ditch attempt to get TT's SA group to accept and understand the case but they are more of an obstacle than a benefit in this instance.

I knew that TT not OR were the root cause when I reported it on 30 Oct, despite me also providing the other parties contact number.

They still chose to stick with the OR Investigate option for 17 days repeatedly saying no update. 

However, thank you for your efforts so far.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 71

OK thanks. Yes as it's a provisioning issue unfortunately the engineer wouldn't be able to fix it.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 71

Yes they cancelled the OR visit just on 12:00 so hope its accepted as such..

0 Likes

Message 46 of 71

Hi qswi014,

Have you been in contact with customer service since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 71

I'll re-escalate this again for staff to clarify.

You shouldn't have an engineer booked to your house for this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 48 of 71

No, read this carefully:

Screenshot_20231116-114126_Chrome.jpg

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

0 Likes

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 71

Sorry a typo  OR date on 17 Nov 23

There is no fault on my home its the exchange not having my phone number registered.

How can I be charged for that ?

Don't you mean they charge if its MY kit ?

0 Likes

Message 50 of 71

@qswi014, if "no fault found", you do realise that you will be charged for the visit?

If you wish to cancel the appointment, call them before noon today, to avoid charges if left till later.

You mean Friday 17th?

0 Likes

Message 51 of 71

Chris

Thanks for your update.

Also fyi - and for public record -

I called the South Africa Tech/Complaints (0300 172 0088) to ask why 'Rita'  did not call me on Friday 10 Nov 23 as arranged nor Saturday 11 Nov 23 as someone else there 'incorrectly stated' she was supposed too.

The new contact 'Kemmy' asked if she should take over my case and then started from scratch with the how many phones and sockets script discounting the facts I provided (once again) that this was a miss ported landline to VOIP number mistake.

After 1h 13m on the call in exasperation I accepted an Openreach appointment (visit ?) for Friday 16 Nov  between 08:00 and 13:00.

However in doing this they tell me my initial complaint is now resolved after nearly three weeks of no progress.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 71

Hi qswi014,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve, it's been passed over to our provisioning team as it's a provisioning issue. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 53 of 71

VOIP can only be added with a new Full Fibre order with Talktalk, @qswi014. That would complicate matters further....!

I'll re-escalate this thread again. 

0 Likes

Message 54 of 71

Chris,

I have had no response from networks team at all.

Is there a workaround that would enable me to use the TT Digital Voice app so that I can get temporary access to my number until it is eventually moved back to my exchange line. ?

Neither myself or the other customer who has been given my number on TT VOIP can enable the apps use as it says we don't have the right package !

0 Likes

Message 55 of 71

I've escalated it to a network team manager, they'll probably arrange for someone to contact you or if I receive an update from them I'll let you know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 56 of 71

Chris,

If someone can please contact me I have full details of who and what required to fix this.

Someone who handles number porting requests as TT should be able to sort this as its not a fault as such.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 57 of 71

When I checked the other day it had been raised to Openreach for investigation but it doesn't seem to have gone any further. I'll pass this over to our network team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 58 of 71

Chris,

Perhaps I should have added that you first picked up my original post last Tuesday 06 Oct 23 asked me to enter security details on a DM so my issue could be investigated, which I did.

But I never heard from you or anyone else about it again until today. ?

0 Likes

Message 59 of 71

No-one has contacted me at all. 

0 Likes

Message 60 of 71

Hi qswi014,

Just to confirm, has anyone been in contact with your since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes