cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No Phone Service

JazzTwitJohn
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

The phone flashed brightly in the night and now there is no phone service. The dial tone sounds odd and when I dial a number, the odd dialtone continues and no connection is made.

I'm just wondering how to report the problem. When I test the line unde My Account I get a screen saying there is a problem, but not what it is or how long it might take to fix.

Any ideas how to get help?

J

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @JazzTwitJohn 

I've requested that we arrange the first available appointment. I will post back to confirm once this has been arranged.

0 Likes

JazzTwitJohn
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

@Debbie-TalkTalk if it is sooner than the one I have booked for Wed, yes?! I was told that was the soonest when I booked it a few days ago. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Apologies for this.

Openreach updated the fault ticket to say access is required. Would you like me to book the first available appointment?

0 Likes

JazzTwitJohn
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

@Debbie-TalkTalk is this visit in addition to the one booked a few days ago? 

What days are they wanting to come? Do you mean today.  

This is shocking customer service.  I have raised a complaint and am awaiting a call today about the poor customer experience.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi @JazzTwitJohn 

Openreach now require access to the property, please can you provide your availability for visit AM and PM?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi @JazzTwitJohn 

Openreach have updated the fault ticket to advise that this fault is linked to a major service outage issue with a faulty cable.

The provided targeted fix date is 16-09-2024. 

We will continue to monitor for further updates.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi @JazzTwitJohn 

Openreach have updated the fault ticket to advise that they are still investigating this fault.

We should hopefully have additional updates this afternoon.

I will keep monitoring this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JazzTwitJohn
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

Hi

I've checked the status using Track my Fault and the last entry is 28 hours ago saying "an engineer is on their way to the exchange".

I appreciacte your help, but Fault Tracker is making things seem worse by not sharing any information about whether the engineer arrived yesterday and what he/she found.

J

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Afternoon,

I've re-checked and the fault is still under investigation with the Openreach engineer at the moment. Hopefully this will be resolved today, however we will re-check for an update in the morning.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we'll check again for an update for you later on today.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

JazzTwitJohn
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Thanks. Done that.

At 1.30pm there was a message saying there is a fault on my line an an engineer is on their way.  No update since then.  Seems odd.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Add your Talktalk phone number in Personal Information, @JazzTwitJohnfor Talktalk staff to identify your account and follow this up during the day. 

You need to go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu.....enter information in Personal Information and SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes