cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No incoming calls, outgoing okay

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Just today people ringing our land line are getting disconnected and hearing a beep. Tried it myself from my mobile.

Ringing out though is fine, rang my mobile from the landline without issue.

Have run the service test but it says there is no issue when obviously there is.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi

No Problem 🙂

If you do need help, you know where we are.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 22

Morning. Still ringing through okay when we test it but we don't get many calls on the land line anyway so will have to give it a few days or until someone tells us otherwise.

Will leave the corded phone disconnected in the meantime.

Many thanks, hopefully won't have to get back in touch 🤞😉

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Michelle

Message 4 of 22

No problem and you too 🙂 We'll speak to you again in the morning 🙂

Michelle

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 22

Okay, many thanks Michelle.

Just rang house number from mobile and ringing through to cordless set okay so will leave corded phone disconnected and see how it goes.

Many thanks again, have a good day 😊 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi,

Ok we'll check back in with you in the morning to see if this fault is still happening.

Thanks

Michelle

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 22

Okay, front plate reconnected so cat5 and single extension connected but have left corded phone disconnected.

0 Likes

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 22

Not a corded phone and can't really move our cordless base but can leave corded phone disconnected for now.

Only the one extension to the cordless base and cat5 extension to router will be connected.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Thank you. You can now re-connect the phone again. Line test now shows - Line Test OK (In and Out). Do you have a different handset that you could test with please just to rule this out?

Michelle

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 22

Phone now disconnected, 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Ok, would it be possible to remove the phone for 15 minutes so we can run the test with no equipment connected to the line?

Michelle

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 22

Just the phone.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Thank you. It's still showing the loop fault. Is it just the phone currently connected or the router too?

Michelle

Message 14 of 22

On test socket only at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi,

Ok thank you. Could you post back here please once the phone is connected back at the test socket and we can run the line tests again to see how it looks in this set up.

Michelle

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 22

Í'll let you know when only test socket connected.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Not at the moment but I can do so...

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Is the phone still connected to the test socket at the moment and I can run another line test?

Michelle

kempas
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 22

Thanks. It seems intermittent, testing from a mobile again and get the beep and disconnection.

Tried main phone connected to test socket only and first call got the same beep and disconnection but then second/third tries come through.

Reconnected box and tried again and now connects but was getting that yesterday.

To note. There was an engineer out to our shared down pole a few days ago, looked like he was replacing the down cable to a house two doors up so always potential they may have disturbed pole connections.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle