cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

One-way only calls on full fibre

JuneN
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Ever since switching to full fibre (in the hope that it might resolve the regular line distortion during calls) I now find that 50% of the time, when someone calls me, they can hear me clearly but all I hear is silence.  If I call them straight back it's usually fine.

Also, frequently when I make a call it just drops before connecting.

I've power cycled the Hub 2 router and reset it.  Have given up trying to speak to the Talktalk call centre.  After spending ages going through security and then waiting around, they decide that I need to speak to the Full Fibre team.  I get passed over to them, same delays then they decide that as it's a "phone issue" I need to speak to the main support team, and round we go.

Any ideas how to progress this?

Thanks

June

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Morning June,

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk - so far, so good; no dropped calls since moving over to the eero.

Thanks again for your help.

June.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Morning @JuneN 

Just checking back in to see how the voice service has been since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

That's great Geoff, thanks for letting me know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Hi Chris

All sees to be working fine, thank you.

We'll give it a while to see if that has resolved the phone call issue.

Kind regards

Geoff

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

OK, I've changed the profile, it should take effect in the next few minutes

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28
0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Hi Chris/Michelle - ok, cables have been swapped so now:

Fibre wallbox ==> eero port 1 

eero port 2 ==> grandstream DVA ==> telephone handset

Please go ahead with the config change to enable the eero.

Kind regards

Geoff.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28
0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi Chris - no, I'm liaising with you on Mum's (June) behalf so I'm miles away on a separate connection.

Thanks - Geoff.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi Geoff,

Could I just ask, are you posting from a device connected to your TalkTalk landline?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi Chris/Michelle

Could you please make the config change for the eero to work tomorrow (Thurs 18th) please?  Ideally around 12.30 as I'll have someone available to swap the cabling around and connect the eero in place of the hub.

Please update the ticket when done.

Thanks - Geoff.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

OK Geoff, no problem 🙂

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Thanks, Chris.  Will probably be early Thursday afternoon, will update here when we're ready for the change.

Geoff.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

We can generally do the change between 7am-3:30pm. When you let us know we can usually do it straight away within those hours

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi Michelle - Geoff here (June's son).

Yes, the voice adapter arrived too, thanks.  Before you change the config I'll need to get someone to set up the TV and phone/iPad to use the eero's wifi so that everything will work once we switch over to it.

How much notice do you need to make the configuration change, and during what hours can it be done please?

Regards - Geoff

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Morning June,

Did the Digital Voice Adapter also arrive? We'll need to make a change to your profile for the eero to work. When would be the best time to do this as your connection will be down for up to 1 hour?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi Michelle. 

Thanks for sending the Eero.  Didn't get us very far, I'm afraid.  Got my son to swap over the routers, but when going through Eero setup on the app the Eero wouldn't connect to the Internet.  Tried resetting everything including the fibre modem, no joy.

Apparently when the engineers installed the fibre line they said an Eero would have to be plugged into the Hub2 to work, which doesn't make sense - but we tried it and it actually does work.   However, apart from being messy it still leaves the Hub2 in the equation.

Also, even in this configuration the ATA doesn't work when plugged into the Eero, only when plugged into the Hub2. 

Regards 

June

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Great, thank you 🙂 We'll check back in with you next week 🙂

Michelle

JuneN
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 28

Thanks, Michelle - will get it set up and try it for a couple of weeks to see what happens.  Will let you know.

June.

0 Likes