cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

PHONE LINE WIRE LOOSE OUTSIDE MY PROPERTY.

nbjones57
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

Hi. The tension in the overhead copper cable telephone wire outside my property has come loose and so it is sagging. I’m concerned since it crosses a busy road. How do I get it fixed? 
Thank you

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi Janeplace

Please can you create a new topic on the Community Home Phone - TalkTalk Help & Support

We can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Janeplace
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 35

Hi I too have a sagging line with a branch attatched to , seem unable to talk to anyone line only been up 2 days 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi Nick

That's great 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Yes. Thank you Debbie. You can close this ticket now. 🙂👍

Message 5 of 35

Hi Nick

Has everything still been working ok since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hi Nick

I'm so glad to hear this.

If this works at the test socket then this would indicate a potential fault with the faceplate or internal wiring.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Now works fine. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks Debbie 

Message 8 of 35

Hi Nick

I've just run another line test now (13:41) and the line test is now clear.

Is the no dialtone fault still present with just the phone at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Hi,

Ok thank you. We'll run the line test around 13:40 to give you time to change the set up. In terms of any extension cabling, if the phone is tested at the test socket (behind the faceplate) then this should rule out any internal wiring issues.

Thanks

Message 10 of 35

I’m at work now. I’ll disconnect the router and connect only a phone handset when I’m home for lunch at 13:30ish.

FYI… back in October, a cable running to an extension socket was cut as we no longer need the extension socket. Could this be the cause of the problem?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run the line test again now and it is detecting a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Would it be possible to connect just the phone at the test socket please so we can re-run the line test again in this set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Goodness knows. 
Can you run a test to determine whether you agree there is still a fault?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi Nick

I'm really sorry to hear this. Did the engineer replicate the fault before they left?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Morning Debbie.

Engineer came  and went. I’ve had emails from TalkTalk saying the problem is now fixed, however there’s now no dialling tone and when dialling in the line is always engaged!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for Friday 05/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

My wife usually works from home on Monday, Thursday and Friday. (AM on a Friday is probably best.)

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Hi Nick

Please can you provide your availability again AM and PM? I can then book the first available appointment.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Yes please Debbie.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi Nick

The same fault has been detected. Would you like me to arrange another engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi Nick

I'm sorry to hear that the landline fault is still present. Was the engineer able to replicate the fault?

I'm just running a line test now.

0 Likes