cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

TalkTalk landline blocking calls from BT/EE and O2

NJR83
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Good afternoon,

I have been experiencing a problem with my landline for the last few months whereby callers using BT/EE or O2 providers have been unable to make incoming calls to my number.  They all report hearing either the engaged tone or the “the number you have dialled has not been recognised” message.

I reported this issue at the end of last year at the same time as another fault where the telephone was only ringing twice, then cutting out at my end but still ringing for the caller but without the ability to connect if I answered.  Two BT Openreach engineers visited the property and were able to establish the following:

• No fault with any equipment inside the property (however the first engineer did replace the telephone socket with a new master);
  • No fault between the property and the telegraph pole;
  • No fault between the pole and the local exchange box;
  • The second engineer did diagnose a fault between the local exchange box and the main exchange in Maidstone but the engineer there could not find a fault in the equipment;
  • Both engineers were with EE and could not connect to our line when trying to test it with their mobiles, receiving the engaged tone each time.

I understand that a system resync was subsequently performed at your end, however since then the problem with BT/EE/O2 users not being able to connect has gone from being an intermittent fault to a permanent one.  This is totally unacceptable and it is pointless to have a landline that does not accept calls from certain providers.  My wife and I both have elderly parents with whom it is important we keep in contact, as well as hospital appointments and other such arrangements it is imperative we manage by phone.  I can confirm that I have never activated call barring/blocking either on my TalkTalk account (see attached screenshots) or on the phone itself and have no other equipment at the property that could be causing this problem.  It is clearly a fault at your end and I must ask that you look into it as a matter of urgency; if it persists I will have no alternative but to switch providers.

TalkTalk account Boosts settingsTalkTalk account Boosts settings

Callsafe is OFFCallsafe is OFF

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

OK, I've passed on your comments to our Network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Chris,

No I haven't heard from the network team since I spoke to them on Tuesday; only an automated text from Openreach after the engineer left this morning to say they're "still working on repairing your service".

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the update. Have our network team arranged to call you back?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hello Michelle,

The BT Openreach engineer Alex has just left after checking the line to the property.  He was able to replicate the fault and has said that, having tested everything and been to the exchange, it is an issue with TalkTalk's software not allowing numbers from certain providers to get through.  He has logged this with you and requested action at your end as there is nothing else he can do on his part. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Morning,

I believe that our faults team have been in contact. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our network team and ask them to take a look 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's correct.  My wife and I (& others) are with Vodaphone and have no trouble, but BT/EE (landline & mobile) and O2 users report the aforementioned problems.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

OK thanks. As far as you are aware is it all BT/EE and 02 callers?

Chris

0 Likes

NJR83
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking into this.  Unfortunately I can confirm that the problem is not fixed - BT/EE and O2 callers are still receiving the engaged tone or "this number has not been recognised" message.

Nick.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi NJR83,

I've made a change, could you please retest and let us know if it has resolved the problem

Chris

0 Likes