cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone Still Not Working

fedup57
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Reported on the 8th of October.   Phone started working without anything being done but the Engineer came did his tests and said the problem is still there but is external and passed it onto Openreach saying  they would be in touch to make an appointment but as yet not heard anything and the phone is not taking calls incoming again.   Priority phone for Hospital calls the service overall is rubbish from TalkTalk.  Tried 2 different phones and used mobile to call the number.  It rings twice on the mobile (nothing on the home phone) and drops.   Fix it ASAP and get an Openreach engineer to sort it.   Trying to find the Chat on their website is bloody impossible on a Sunday.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

HI @fedup57 

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Is it working for OUTGOING calls, @fedup57?

If you ring your own mobile, check what number shows as calling.

You can check also by calling 17070 from the landline to check what number is read back to you.

If it's correct, that will help with diagnostics. Let us also know if it's NOT correct, and please put that in Private Notes, towards the end of Personal Information. Scroll down again to SAVE CHANGES. 

Also a good idea to leave the phone plugged in at the test socket for staff to check the line on Monday. 

Check that you can safely remove the faceplate of the mastersocket by seeing if it's listed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fedup57
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Managed to get hold of someone on Chat and started going through the same pants routine as last time.   Chat gets disconnected and cant get the person back I was talking to and sat in a queue again.   They say the fault is internal (in the house) when the Engineer who visited last week said the problem was external.   What a waste of time.   Time to go to another provider with staff who know what they are doing. (Yes I am annoyed). I would as them to phone but it is broken.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

@fedup57, you'll find details of opening hours for both phone and Chat support in this link, near the bottom of the page.

Staff will be back on here from Monday. For them to identify your account, please complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu. Add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Xplorer
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6
0 Likes