Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone hacked?

jrbpab1
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

My landline is making a buzzing noise and I cannot call from it.  I have phoned it from my mobile and get a message saying, this phone is being screened by Talk Talk "Call safe", please say your name and wait to be connected.  I do not think this is right?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi jrbpab1

Openreach are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi jrbpab1

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I can see that this fault has already been raised to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer. We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48hrs.

I will check on this fault again tomorrow for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jrbpab1
Team Player
Message 3 of 10

Apologies Karl 🙂

0 Likes

jrbpab1
Team Player
Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie I have added my phone no to my profile. thank you

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

jrbpab1
Team Player
Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie thank you for your reply.  Yes I am still having noise on the line and cannot dial out.  I am still getting the call safe message it you call the landline.  My broadband speed is on 6.0mbps which is well below the guaranteed speed. I am on fibre 67 plus.  I have had a reply from Talk to say an Openreach Engineer has been booked to check the line form the exchange but have not heard back as yet.  Thank you for helping.  Kind regards Sandra 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi jrbpab1

Sorry for the delay.

Are you still experiencing noise on the line?

0 Likes

jrbpab1
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

THank you for your reply.  I have Call Safe turned off and if you phone the landline I get this message.  I also cannot dial out.  I have had the line tested and there is a problem found from the exchange to my home.  Will see if this sorts it out.  

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 10

@jrbpab1 

Phones don't get hacked.

Check if any extensions are "off hook" 

If using microfilters, change them.

Try another handset.

Turn off Call Safe in your online account if you do not want that service.

When making changes, makes sure pop-ups are enabled so you get the confirmation dialogue box.

Put your landline number in your community profile so staff can identify your account, DO NOT post it here in public.

0 Likes