cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Problems moving back to Talktalk from Shell

ExShell
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

I have recently been migrated from Shell to TalkTalk.  However as I was with Talktalk 4 years ago whenever I try to get online access to My Account I get sent to the 4 year old account so cannot access anything.  I have tried password resets, I tried to re-register with a new email address but that got blocked.  

Is there anyway of speaking to customer service to see if a real person can resolve this issue?  

Any help will be appreciated as the house phone has now stopped working though the internet stillworks.  I tested with an old landline phone and still no dial tone.    I suspect because a computer somewhere has linked to the old account.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

@Pertonboy, please return to the message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

Staff only reply to the original poster. 

If it's just about registration for My Account, it's not difficult to resolve once your old details are removed. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Pertonboy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

I have the same problem.  I was told be someone from Talk Talk that I had to wait fourteen days before i could access the site again.  That period has long since elapsed and i am still unable to access my account page.  And, I am having great difficulty in contacting them again.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message

Message 4 of 15

Hello Arne.

Yes, thank you, the line got fixed.  I had a chat to the nice Openreach engineer who came to check the connection box at the house.  It had taken him quite a while to sort it out.  He seemed to think the main problem was something moved in the local exchange, plus corroded contacts at my junction box.   ( So probably nothing to do with TalkTalk computers after all.)

Anyway all sorted and the line seems to work fine.  

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Thanks for this explanation.

I had totally forgotten I used TTrefund when I first used TalkTalk (many years ago).  So you have clarified how it is assigned to my account.  I shall stick with what is working!  

Hopefully Openreach will get round to fixing my house phone line today. 

Cheers,

TTrefund.

Message 7 of 15

It does get confusing!

It looks like ExShell may still exist, but you have been TTrefund since 2020!

Not sure how you could actually use ExShell now. Go with what you have now got!

1000002391.jpg

 As you say, as log in links up with the billing address and My Account, stick with your TTrefund ID.

Message 8 of 15

Hi,

I am the original poster (ExShell) but somehow in reseting my old Talktalk account (disconnected 4 years ago when I moved to Shell) the login to Community changed to TTrefund.  Not my choice.  Does ExShell still exist? Now my email address always connects to TTrefund.  And TTrefund is linked to Billing etc in My Account so I think its all OK.  

This is why I replied to you earlier.  

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

@TTrefund, Arne was replying to the original poster. 

You need your OWN thread!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Testing to find login name!!

google

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thanks for your help.  See my detailed response to Arne.  

I believe its all in hand now so have not re-posted.  I await a response from Openreach. 

Thanks.

Message 12 of 15

Hello Arne,

Thanks for your help with this matter.

I have successfully registered with My Account.   There was a few failures to register with a message saying " There is a technical error"

TTrefund_0-1719495475334.png

I believe the issue may be that I use a VPN,  When I disconnected the VPN I could complete registration.  I humbly suggest TALKTALK add a warning to the pages that it won't work with a VPN connection.  Or perhaps detect the VPN and give a meaningful error message.  

Hope this helps. 

Having registered I did a phone line test.  An issue was found, and a more detailed test suggested, when I tried that the system found an open case with the problem referred to Openreach.  

Thanks to all who helped and opened fault case etc. 

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi @ExShell 

I've cleared the old account 

Can you re-register for My Account   www.talktalk.co.uk/login/

Thank you 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

@ExShell, I'll move this to the billing section. It will be in a queue for attention - staff reply Monday to Friday, but it is too late for today. 

All that they need to do is remove the old account details and then you should be able to register afresh for My Account. 

Once they are onto it, it doesn't take much time to get it sorted. Seems to have been an unfortunate oversight in the handling of legacy information because there have been many returning customers switched over from Shell who are encountering the same issue.

If the phone then continues not to work, post again in the Home Phone section as it may genuinely have a fault.