cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Recent calls

Lin23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Could there be a 3rd party using my phone. I have 3 people phoning and asking why is there a call from my landline, which hasn't come from my phone and am I being charged

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

It does sound like your number may have been spoofed by scammers, we can offer a renumber , the only outbound calls are to us or voicemail. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@Lin23, if strangers are calling back to reply to your supposed calls, I am wondering if your number could have been spoofed.

It's not unheard of for this to happen. 

No idea how to get rid of it other than changing your own number, if this turns out to be what is going on.

Let's see whether staff think this is a possible explanation. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@Lin23, I did flag this up for further attention and will do so again.

I am just another customer. This needs staff attention. They'll reply again during the week. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I have checked the 3 tips suggested, and still today I have had a lady saying I have rang her number. Yesterday a gentleman said he'd had 7 calls from my number, and I ca assure you I am not ringing anyone I don't even know. I only hope I am not being charged for these calls

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

You have the unlimited calls boost active so there is no charge, there has been 2 calls to a number in Sunderland. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Check your landline has not been crossed with someone else's, @Lin23.

Dial 17070. If the number read back is not your own, let us know.

Also see whether your own landline rings if you call from a mobile.

0 Likes