cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Talktalk Copper wire landlines after 2025.

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I am very confused over the situation with landlines using copper wire.   I have read that BT are fully  switching off the service in December 2025.  they have said they will be switching the West Midlands early next year - which is where I live.   I have a fixed 18 month Fibre 35 and phone  contract with TalkTalk.   I have just seen that TalkTalk are saying they are unaffected by BT and their (TalkTalk)  copper landline phone service should be available well past 2025.    I need some clarity on this.  I am happy with the package I have at present but need to know if the landline will continue at least until the end of my contract (2025).   I see that TalkTalk are still selling packages with landline, so presumably it should all work OK.  

I have read everything I can on this subject but still do  not understand.   If, at some point, the situation changes and I am advised I must upgrade, how will this affect my contract and also pricing.    Your re-assurance that I do not need to worry about it until the end of contract would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

No problem. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 10

Great. Thanks.   Sorry I have also asked same question in other post, but now all confirmed.    I wonder what you will 'order' on my behalf next time.  I would quite like a new TV!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi GBy123

The full fibre order has been cancelled as requested in your other post. 

It looked like the order was Full fibre 150 with VOIP.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes there is something else you can help with.  I have now had several emails and texts giving me a date for an unrequested installation of full fibre with voice.  I am trying to cancel this via another post.   I have your assurances that you will maintain copper services until after 2025 and the amount I pay on my current contract will not change.    Can you please explain - Are TT offering me full fibre, with digital voice  keeping phone number and boosts etc. , for the same price I have i.e.  FTTC Fibre 35  phone and phone boosts (anytime calls) fixed for 18 months, but on a new contract?    I cannot believe this is the case but if it is then I would want confirmation of the prices in writing before changing anything.  The whole thing is extremely confusing.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Good morning,

If there is anything else that we can help with, then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thank you.   I will stop worrying about it all until I am forced to.   Great that community are always there for us!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

If you are offered a free upgrade to Full Fibre while still in contract it is usually at the same price until the end of the current contract, @GBy123.

Deals change though over time. You don't have to accept an offer of a free upgrade, but putting it off might mean it's more expensive to do at a time of your choosing. Hard to second guess.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

TalkTalk have said they will maintain copper services on their network for existing customers beyond 2025. I am not sure what more you need to know? 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi GBy123,

Yes the landline service with TalkTalk should be available until at least 2025

Chris

0 Likes