cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Talktalk Digital - landline never rings now

IanRP
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

I have set-up the Talktalk Digital app on my mobile and calls to my landline are being forwarded on to my mobile as expected however my home phone now never rings.

How can I call my landline if I need to speak to somebody at home as it just keeps forwarding back to me ?

I have tried logging out of the Talktalk Digital app on my mobile but my home phone still doesn't ring.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

That's great news, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Fantastic - that did the trick - working as expected now - thank you !

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Can you try the following: Plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Yes I do

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

OK thanks. I don't think that the problem is that your calls are being diverted to the digital voice app, I think the problem is that VoIP just isn't working. Do you have an eero with the grandstream digital voice adapter?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Yes I believe it was but I haven't really used my landline in a few months since setting up the Digital Voice App and moving to full fibre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Was your home phone working before you setup the digital voice app?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

No because there is no call on my home phone - it is dead - the call is not available as it has been forwarded to my mobile.

My expectation of this app is that there is the option to answer the call either on the landline or on the mobile - this is what the Help information specifies. 

In fact I've just tested and I can't make any calls on my landline at all either - I wasn't aware of this until now so that is an additional problem.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

So if your mobile rings, if you pick up the home telephone instead of your mobile are you able to take the call on your home telephone even though it doesn't ring?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

I still need assistance. 

I have reinstalled the app on my mobile but this had made no difference.

Any calls to my landline forward to my mobile but I have no option to pick-up on my landline as expected. This means I am unable to contact anybody on my landline myself.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Ian,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance?

Chris

0 Likes

Trumpetman1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

This happened to me. I had calls forwarded to my mobile because my land line didn't ring, which was a Talktak fault that has now been recified.

I think, like me, you have to contact Talktalk and ask for the diversion to be taken off.

Be aware that it took a long time on the chat, being transferred to several different agents until, as last, I found someone who knew what I was asking.

Been messing with computers sice the Z80 in the late 70s.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Hi IanRP

Apologies for the delay.

Can I just check, did you follow all the steps in the troubleshooting guide in the help page below?

TalkTalk Digital Voice App - TalkTalk Help & Support

App

Having trouble with the app?  Try the following to help fix any issues:

1. Make sure the device you're using the app on is connected to the Internet either through Wi-Fi or a data connection
  2. Close the app and reopen it
  3. Next try  uninstalling the app and reinstalling it to make sure you have the latest version

If using an Android device, you'll need to confirm optimisation settings (no optimisation).

Calls

Not able to make or receive calls?

If you're unable to make or receive calls, please check the following to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Check you have a data connection or connected to Wi-Fi
  2. Turn your mobile off and on again and try to make a call

The Digital Voice Smartphone App is designed to work within the UK, but can also work outside the UK 

If your smartphone has mobile data from a local mobile network that you have roamed to, or you are connected to a local WiFi service, then the app will attempt to register and function as normal.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hey @IanRP thanks for clarifying, I'm wondering if the sneaky little ”may" hidden away in there is significant? Either way your post has been escalated and the team will get back to you as soon as the holidays permit.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

IanRP
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

It is supposed to work like this according to the Talktalk Digital Voice App Help Pages:

Receiving calls

When someone calls your TalkTalk home number, The TalkTalk Digital Voice App will ring and offer the choice to accept or reject the call. The call will ring for 30 seconds before being either sent to voicemail (if TalkTalk Voicemail is enabled) or ringing off.

Depending on the other services you have from TalkTalk you may also see the incoming call on your fixed line phone, as well as on other mobile devices where you have installed the app. You can answer the call on whichever device is most convenient for you. 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @IanRP that's a bit what call divert is supposed to do. I havent tried but does call divert have a whitelist which will let specified numbers through to the landline?

Second suggestion is, don't the people you are trying to call have their own mobile that you could call?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes