cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Telephone Settings issues since upgrade to Full Fibre

aa2000
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

I upgraded from Fibre 65 to Full Fibre 65 on 05 September 2024.  

Since the upgrade I find that my 'Withhold Number' setting in My Account has switched itself over to the number being withheld.   I have today twice unticked this option, but the tick just keeps returning.   I DO want people I call to be able to see my number.  

Also, my preferred 'Mobile Bar' option has always been set to bar calls to Mobiles. Since my upgrade, the check box has a tick in it, but I find I am still able to call Mobile numbers.  

Would be grateful for help in sorting these issues.  

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Ok will add it to the list, Callsafe is actually showing as active on the account, I think this is another of the services that hasn't carried over to VOIP. 

Message 2 of 20

Ok @Arne-TalkTalk .  Can you include CallSafe in the log as well please.  Following my upgrade to Full Fibre VOIP, without any warning or notification, my CallSafe has been switched off also, thus deleting my lengthy list of Callsafe approved and blocked numbers built up since CallSafe was introduced.  I am unable to reactivate CallSafe, neither in My Account or via 1472.  

Hope a speedy resolution can be found to these issues. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

We are going to have to log this as a fault, the removal request from yesterday has not completed, usually it takes a few hours, in this case its still showing as pending.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

I received a 'We've made the changes you asked for' email which states that 'We've removed Caller Display'.    In 'My Account' Telephone Settings list, Caller Display is still ticked.   When I call the phone from my Mobile, it still shows as Withheld.   So unsuccessful I'm afraid. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Yes I'm sure. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Are you sure those inbound callers are not withholding their numbers?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

One step forward, and one back I'm afraid.... Now all of a sudden Caller Display isn't working.   Inbound calls now show as 'Withheld'. 

The Telephone Settings list does show Caller Display with a tick against it, but I'm afraid it's not working, whereas it was until this afternoon's changes.   Please can you re-add Caller Display, thanks a lot. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

Apologies for any confusion but I actually now would prefer the Mobile Bar to be deactivated so that calls to Mobiles are possible. Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Ive re-added the mobile bar can you test it.  If you need any boosts, that are not showing in My Account you can always post on here and we can add it while the missing boost issue is issue is still ongoing. 

Message 12 of 20

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk 

I can confirm that 'Withheld Number' is now showing unticked.    The 'Mobile Bar' is still not showing on the list but it has deactivated, which is fine.   

The only 'Call Boost' option that's showing is Evening and Weekend, but I guess I can call in if I want the Unlimited option. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

HI @aa2000 

There is an know issue with My Account features now showing, its been raised previously sorry.

I will remove the withheld number,  We will need to remove and re-add the mobile bar to reactivate it, there is a chance with the switch to VoIP its not carried over.

Any auto email can be ignored.

Message 14 of 20

I re-escalated it on the 8th, but as you posted after that, it may have pushed it back.

The new thread will be removed. 

Please only follow up on this one, @aa2000.

Wait for staff to reach it again, rather than posting, or the same thing will happen!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 15 of 20

Is there any update on these issues please, my thread was missed yesterday and today?

Many thanks. 

0 Likes

aa2000
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 20

Hi OCE's

Following my upgrade to Full Fibre 65 VOIP on 5th of September,  I am still experiencing issues with my 'Telephone Settings' in 'My Account'.   The list of choices has shrunk from what it was prior to my FF upgrade and I find I am unable to make any changes.  When I try to change options, I immediately receive an email confirming the change(s) have been made, but when I check back after 2 hours, the options remain unchanged and the changes are NOT actually made.  Have tried a few times on both my 'Brave' and my 'Edge' browsers with the same results.  

Currently my phone number is Withheld, but I actually DO want people I call to see my number.  Also my calls to Mobiles are barred and the 'Mobile Bar' option is one of the number of options that have now disappeared from the list. 

So, I would be grateful if the following could be restored: 

1. The FULL list of Telephone Settings options, including 'Mobile Bar'. 
  2. The ability to select and deselect preferred options and have those choices saved.  

Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Once an option is selected then it can take up to 2hrs to take effect. We'll check back in with you on Monday to see how you're getting on.

Michelle

Message 18 of 20

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I usually use Brave browser without problem.   I have just logged into my Account using Edge and have unticked the 'Withhold Number' checkbox.  I got a message that no other change requests would be permitted for 2 hours.  I just tried to make an outgoing call though and my number was shown as 'Private Number'  and I WAS able to dial my Mobile despite the tick in the Mobile Bar checkbox. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried using a different browser?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes