cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Telephone line fault

Aldy46
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I reported a telephone line fault which which was investigated by an Open Reach engineer and has been reported as fixed. When I now go to use my phone I have a constant tone and cannot make out going call nor receive incoming calls.  I have connected a phone to the test port of my NTE5C master socket and get the same result.  I have tried to run a new line test from My Account but I am diverted to the Fault Tracker and the Live Chat option on that does not work. Please advise how I can proceed.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Hollycam
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

I have reported my landline not working. 
openreach came to fix someone else’s phone on the road. My phone says check your line. This has not been in use for about 3 months. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi. Yes thank you, the live chat worked and an engineer is coming out to sort out our line fault.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

Did you manage to get through to our Live Chat team since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Aldy46
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, turning the ad blocker off worked.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Live Chat may work if you disable ad blockers  / enable pop ups / try another browser, @Aldy46.

Or phone from a mobile to report the fault - they are open till 7pm on 03451 720088.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.