cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Unable to make or receive landline calls

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

We were moved over to full fibre recently. We now have a Grandstream with voice adapter. We have not been able to make or receive calls since last week. Despite 2 lengthy webchats and one call to mobile to ask for help. We have done all the usual reset, turn off/on many many times. Any suggestions how to get this problem fixed, we need our landline. 

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi Patricia,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems again. Have you tried switching the ONT, router and grandstream off for 30 minutes, if not then can you give this a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 25

The problem has reoccurred where am I once again left with no landline service. I am unable to make or receive calls. When you pick up the receiver it says line not registered. Last time this happened it took weeks to fix. If anyone is able to make recommendations, I would appreciatethat? 

I've done factory reset, turn off/on and even had the Grandstream replaced. Had webchats and phoned talktalk but no fix in site and failed promises to phone back.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Morning Patricia,

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad to hear that your voice service is now working and I'm really sorry for the time it has taken to get this resolved for you. I will feed this back to the team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 25

Yes, my line has been restored. Its a great shame that it took so long and so many attempts to get someone to listen. Trying to get something fixed with TalkTalk is extremely traumatic. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Patricia,

I believe that my colleague has now been in touch. We'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Hi,

I'm in contact with the manager of the team to find out what is happening and what the next steps will be. I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

I am contacting you again as we are not being provided with any help or making any progress to restore our landline. The fault that was showing on my account is no longer noted. But I am still unable to make or receive calls. Please respond!

0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 25

Please can you provide an update on what is being done to restore my landline. We are fast approaching nearly 2 weeks without it and we have had no one provide any help to find what the fault is. We are in our 70s and we rely heavily on our landline. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Thank you for your comments. Good to know they won't respond over the weekend. I've had a real nightmare since November! See if TalkTalk respond on Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

@Patricia400, staff will not be back on here before Monday. 

I'm hoping that automatic compensation applies to this form of loss of service for you. It is calculated after the matter is resolved and takes about a month to appear.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Staff should be able to clarify.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 25

There hasn't been any progress made with the landline fault. I raised this as an issue through multiple channels. The fault was noted on my account but that has now vanished. What is being done to restore the vital landline?? It has been over a week now. This is unacceptable service.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi Patricia,

I'm in direct contact with the team this morning and have asked them to keep me updated on the progress of this. I'm really sorry for the delay with updates on this and I will continue to chase this.

Michelle

0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 25

Please can you respond to provided an update on my fault. I still have no landline and no one has contacted me yesterday. My last message on here has not been answered. I rely on my landline and have not been able to use this for  a week. 

0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 25

Please can you review my request again. I still have no landline and there has been no contact or update?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Morning,

I've chased this now and have asked the team if they can provide an update on this ASAP. I will post back here as soon as they respond to me.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 25

I have not been contacted, please can you chase this up. I rely on my landline and have been without it for a week. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi Patricia,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Have you still not been contacted since your last post and I will chase this for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Staff will have finished for the day, @Patricia400.

Look for a follow up in the morning. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Patricia400
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 25

Has there been an update on my landline service. A colleague did call and said he would call back after 5 minutes. But that was 6 hours ago. I have stayed home all day waiting. Please can you provide an update.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hello,

I've passed this straight over now and I will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes