cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Hi, can I restrict access to the Internet for individual devices rather than all of them?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

I want to restrict access to my kids devices but not to mine,  is this possible?  I have the most recent router

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @bungard69  check out How to use TalkTalk HomeSafe® 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Insightful One
If Homesafe does not do what you want, there is the option of using a third party router with more comprehensive firewall features than the routers provided by TalkTalk. Of course there is an expense associated with such an option.
First Timer

Thanks,  but home safe is all or nothing as far as I can see

Highlighted
Insightful One

With Draytek routers once you have bound a device to an IP address you have a great deal of flexibility in controlling the device's Internet access.  You can block it completely, restrict access to specific times of the day, place limits on connection time and the time before reconnection is allowed, or restrict access to specific sites.  Of course this takes a bit of effort to set up, but Draytek do publish some guidance and also provide online emulators for investigation.  I suspect other third party router manufacturers, eg Netgear, Linksys, & Asus, offersoffer facilities but have no real experience with them.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @bungard69 I have to agree with @Birchcroft and Indeed also have Draytek Kit, but I didn't want to spend your money 😁

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Insightful One

@Divsec I generally prefer spending other people's money rather than my own😉😁.  But seriously I suspect that that if @bungard69 want's to enforce internet access restrictions, rather than say relying on family rules, then while they are a talktalk customer it will probably need some financial outlay.  Draytek probably won't be the cheapest especially if one goes for a secondhand router from eBay.  Also depending on the actual requirement it may be be a bit of overkill, but as you may have guessed I do like Draytek routers all be it they are not the best option for everyone.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bungard69, divsec and birchcroft seem to have your issue in hand. Please let us know if you still need help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.