Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TeamViewer blocked

12 REPLIES 12
Robsy
Chatterbox

My teamviewer is also blocked and your colleagues on chat simply fobbed me off with a generic email.

Could you restore my teamviewer access and my shutdown remote access.

Paul
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Robsy

Here's the advice (below) on unblocking TeamViewer. I'm aware that in some circumstances it may not immediately enable TeamViewer so let me know if it doesn't work for you.  If it doesn't work then also let me know your router model (top of the label on the back of the router e.g. HG633 or DSL-3782 for example)

To use remote access sites like TeamViewer, switch off Scam Protection in your MyAccount

• Click on MyServices on the grey header bar
  • Click on View HomeSafe settings
  • Click on Scam Protection Off
    You will receive a warning notice to the effect that TalkTalk will never ask you to switch off Scam Protection.
  • Clear your browser cache

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

MikWalker
Popular Poster
Greetings,

F.Y.I.
As a new (from 15th of March) fibre customer, I've had TeamViewer working from switch-over without any faults (working both ways, Home -> Work and Work -Home). I'm using Version 12.0.95388

Mik
20 Years+ in IT and still learning.....
Robsy
Chatterbox

Hi Mik, does that include connecting using an android app to your home pc on the same home network. That is the problem I have. I'm able to connect over 3g or from other computers on different networks but for my needs at home I need to be able to control a home server from an Android device.

Thanks

Paul
MikWalker
Popular Poster

Hi Paul,

I've not tried my Android tablet yet.  I use TeamViewer on PC to connect to my home web-server (both internally and externally) as it's headless.  I'll break out the old Samsung and give it a go and report back.

As an aside, what OS is your home server running?

Cheers,

Mik

Robsy
Chatterbox

I'm running Windows 10, never had a single issue with virgin media. Afraid this is a deal breaker for me and talk talk.

Paul
Community Team

Hi Robsy, I've reset your Homesafe. Teamviewer should be working ok for you now. Let us know how you get on. 

Community Team

MikWalker, do you need me to reset yours too?

MikWalker
Popular Poster

Hi OCE_Ady,

No, my Teamviewer access is working fine.  I was just trying to give aid to the OP.

Cheers,

Mik

Community Team

Then thanks very much for helping out Mik. I had to ask in case you needed help. 

Robsy
Chatterbox
No still not working, the problem is if I try top use the teamviewer app on my phone while connected to the network out doesn't work. I have the d link dsl3782. If this can't be resolved I will need to be releasedd from my contract as the service is not fit for purpose.
Paul
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Paul

If you're not taking advantage of the security features of HomeSafe / KidsSafe then test with the workaround of using a different DNS setting in the router.

Try the secure Quad9 DNS and Google DNS: Primary 9.9.9.9 and Secondary 8.8.8.8

To change the DNS settings in your router, follow these steps:

• On a device connected to the router
  • Open a Web browser, type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar
  • Tap Enter/Return
  • Enter the username and password and click OK
    Note: The default username is admin (all in lower case). The password is on the back of the router and on the wireless card that came with the router.

For the DSL-3782 router

• In the Web browser address bar, type http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/New_GUI/Dns.asp
  • Tap Enter/Return
  • Tick 'Use the following DNS Server Address'
  • Enter the preferred (Primary) and alternate (Secondary) DNS addresses
  • Click the Save button

That will set up the router to allow secure website access but including access to TeamViewer.

If you subsequently choose to return to the TalkTalk DNS the numbers are 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80

Here is the TalkTalk advice and router setup needed for using a Third Party DNS (Click here)

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Robsy, let us know how you get on with the alternate DNS settings. It will work as it routes you away from TT network.