Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Teamviwer Remote Access

3 REPLIES
nsbtt
First Timer

I have been getting this issue now for about2+ weeks. I did report issue to TalkTalk tech support, but they dont really have much of a clue. I have all Home Safe settings at OFF including Kids Safe and Scam Protection are both OFF. Still problem persisted.  

I made a change to DNS serveres as per below link,  and it allowed me to use Teamviewer, but I would prefer to use TalkTalk DNS servers instead of Google DNS servers (maybe there is an overhead to use Google Servers?). This problem should not happen. Teamview is a well known software for remote access. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/talktalk-blocking-teamviewer-13-from-connecting/...

KeithFrench
Community Star

This seems to be a bit of a common problem in the last day or so. Your thread has been passed to OCEs to deal by another Community Star, but I will bring this up with the OCE's manager, as it probably needs investigation by another TalkTalk team.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

pc4568
First Timer

I'm having the same problem. Teamviewer is working intermittantly. Like others I have also been on the phone and live chat to talk talk and no one seems to know the answer. I have been having to connect with my 3G- however I have now run out of data and therefore cannot use it for work :( can someone please fix this! 

I will try chaning my DNS server. However I agree that this problem should not happen, and if it does the customer support should know how to fix it. This problem is now getting riduculus 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @pc4568

There was an incident a few days ago affecting this, but it has now been resolved. If you are still having this issue, please can you create your own thread, so as it can be investigated?

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?