cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

iMessage charges when outside the UK

Mad_agnes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, can anyone explain how much TalkTalk charge for an iMessage when sending one from outside the UK but still in Europe. I have 500MB of data available and have just been charged £19.40 for 3 messages and had my account locked. I though data roaming would have covered these.

Any advice greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

Hi Arne, I can assure you that I’ve not gone over my 500mb as I’d only used 33mb when my account was suspended. To make matters worse my phone was working again yesterday and I managed to send 3 texts before TalkTalk suspended my account - for the 4th time now. I’m guessing that as my monthly bill has been paid by direct debit then the suspension has been lifted until I sent the 3 texts and you’ve suspended it again. I’m 85 and these things don’t exactly jump out at me that one minutes it’s working then the next it’s not until my son informs me that my account has been suspended.

Looking forward to speaking to a member of staff about this when I get home to hopefully either resolve things with TalkTalk or it’s time to look for another provider.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Mad_agnes

You will need to call the mobile team, but I suspect you may have gone over your 500mb limit.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I'll escalate this in the hope that staff can help, but they usually say that they can't access the mobile billing system, @Mad_agnes.

You're better phoning in on 03451 720088 and speaking to the mobile department. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Yes, I spoke to TalkTalk before going on holiday

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Did you set up roaming before travelling, @Mad_agnes ?

It's not automatic:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-TalkTalk-Mobile-abroad/ta-p/2204471

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes