Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot update Homesafe settings today (24 April) - getting same error message

10 REPLIES 10
Mcgradie
First Timer

Hi

Same error message all day: 'Sorry, we had a problem updating your HomeSafe® settings. Please try again later.'

As I regularly turn  off social media and gaming I can't now get back into Homesafe to turn them back on!

I've turned off the router for 30 mins, no change.

Is this a problem for everyone or just a few of us?  Please help.

Lilly2020
First Timer

I have a same problem. 

Please help?

Mcgradie
First Timer

Hi 

Can anyone help please? Exactly the same issue 24 hours later. I cannot get through to Talk Talk - the robot only asks the question 'are you having trouble setting up Homesafe' and when I say no, it says Talk Talk is now closed. Surely there is more than one possible issue with Homesafe than a new user using it for the first time?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@Mcgradie, have you used the forum search engine? Various help topics in there.

Chat is open every day from 9am. It shows a blue background banner when available on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

For forum staff to help, add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Staff reply during the week, Monday to Friday. 

@Lilly2020, all the above applies, but if you need a reply from TT staff, please start your own thread.

They only reply to the original poster. 

Return to the message board and click on Start a Topic.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
bernie81
First Timer
Hi, I have got the same issue now for the past 2 days. Seems something is seriously broken.
bernie81
First Timer

Hi,

I am having the same issue; this has been the case for the past two days.

Sorry, we had a problem updating your HomeSafe® settings. Please try again later.

Many thanks

jerri
Chatterbox

I posted about this issue yesterday also. Now I see it's not just me.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@jerri and @bernie81, just follow this thread, once staff reach it during the week. 

There won't be any reply from them before Monday as they don't work weekends and it takes a while to catch up (after the backlog from the weekend). 

Every post you add delays the progress of the thread in the automated workflow. Adding your comments will be delaying the response, which is not very fair for the original poster. 

It's far more effective to start your own thread in the help section of the forum. You can also report the issue through Chat today - link posted in my earlier answer. It looks like this when available:

20210425_100701.jpg

There's no phone help on Sundays for this sort of issue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Apologies for this.

We’re aware that some customers are currently unable to adjust their HomeSafe settings in My Account. Our team are looking into this as a priority and we hope to have everything back up and running soon. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Further updates will be on our Service Status Page

jerri
Chatterbox

Mine's been fixed. Hopefully yours is as well.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks jerri, yes this issue should now be resolved

Chris