cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Firmware update HG633

Talkinfox
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hello can someone help me update the firmware on my HG633  my hardware version is H1.01 and my current firmware is V2.00t is there a more current firmware version available.?

/dev/null
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Talkinfox

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Thanks 👍

/dev/null
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi

WiFi Hub ordered for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 16

If it’s a free router yes a new sagemcom router would be good plz. Thanks.

/dev/null
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Talkinfox

Would you like me to send you a new router? This would be a Sagemcom WIFI hub.

Talkinfox
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 16

Thanks I’ve turned off remote access. I Think it’s time to invest in a much better third party router my talk talk router is pretty simple and old and with it not being supported by manufacturer anymore makes sense to have a better spec mainstream router that can be configured to work with other IPS’s. 👍

/dev/null
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

As far as I'm aware there are no plans for a new firmware version at the moment but that's not to say that there won't be at some time in the future

Chris

Message 9 of 16

Well I thank you and the talk talk community support team again for verifying that my firmware is uptodate that essentially all I needed to know you gave me a prompt answer something the talk talk technical department over the phone was unable to do after being put on hold for many minutes. One more question the HG633 router is discontinued and not supported by the manufacturer does that mean in general there will be no more firmware updates for that model? Because in that case turning off remote access is the most sensible thing to do since it poses a big router security risk for nothing?

/dev/null
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Talkinfox,

We do update our router firmware automatically and in the vast majority of cases this works fine but occasionally the automatic update doesn't go through. We don't supply the firmware as a file to be downloaded and manually installed by the customer but we can usually manually update the firmware remotely if the automatic update doesn't work.

Chris

Message 11 of 16

That’s good to hear because when I phoned up the talk talk technical department over the phone they couldn’t even verify that my current firmware was uptodate after many minutes of being put on hold all the could say is my router gets automatically updated, the problem with that is that isn’t really true last time i updated my router I downloaded the firmware file from hauewi unfortunately hauwei do not support the HG633 anymore. My point is my firmware wasn’t updated by remote acesss I had to install it via file by manufacturers download….  Could the fact that Hauewi not supporting the HG633 router anymore be the reason why talk talk technical department being  so vague not verifying current firmware and that it’s automatically updated be mostly to do with customer then demanding a supported router instead.

/dev/null
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Talkinfox

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version - 2.00.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 16

Leave it on all the time for now - staff will be back on here during the day tomorrow, @Talkinfox.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 14 of 16

Profile updated router is switched on.

/dev/null

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Thanks for starting your own thread, @Talkinfox.

Please also follow the steps posted here, so staff can identify your account:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/HG633-firmware/td-p/2932328#M859717

The main thing to then do is simply leave the router switched on until staff confirm the update.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes